CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

chrise

24th October 2012, 09:30
Although the suggestion that posts appear most recent first would occasionally be useful, more generally it makes more sense for them to appear in sequential order (or you would be reading the answer before the question). It would be a lot to ask, but ideally one would like to choose which order the posts appear in. Failing that, I would prefer to stick to the present order.
Would it be possible to add "jump 10 pages" links at the bottom, to facilitate getting through long threads?
1 of 49  -   Report This Post

perfidia

24th October 2012, 09:36
It'd be nice if the list of letters below the CrosswordClueSolver page, could be also added to the top of the page. That way we wouldn't have to scroll the way to the bottom of the page. Thank you.
2 of 49  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

24th October 2012, 09:47
A search facility would be useful, where you could look for threads on specific puzzles.
3 of 49  -   Report This Post

rossim

24th October 2012, 09:51
Chrise is right. You don't want to see the answers before reading the clue. Jumping 10 pages would speed things up and sounds like a great idea. (I brought this problem up on Clue Chain on Monday.)
4 of 49  -   Report This Post

anag&lit

24th October 2012, 09:53
I agree with the above.

Also when you exit a post it would be nice if it went back to the page of threads you were on instead of back to page 1 of the thread list.
5 of 49  -   Report This Post

chrise

24th October 2012, 10:08
I agree with anag&lit on the above point - it can be irritating to post a comment on, say, "Clue Chain" and then have to navigate back through the pages to get to where you were posting from.

Already discussed, but the single most irritating thing is then I am using my laptop, the reply box by default appears just where the pop-up adverts are - many is the time when I have activated the advert instead of typed a post! (Less of a problem on the desktop, as it is set to show a bigger screen area)
6 of 49  -   Report This Post

bigbadmarty2

24th October 2012, 10:54
I'd like to the latest threads update automatically on the forum page , that way you could see if a question was answered or a thread been added to without having to refresh.
7 of 49  -   Report This Post

mamya

24th October 2012, 10:59
I may be alone in this but if someone asks say 3 or 4 crossword clues, I click to reply and of course the question is no longer visible, trying to recall the numbers and letter counts becomes a memory test (yes ok mine is getting shot)

Being able to still see the question would be a great help.

Also strongly agree with a search facility.
8 of 49  -   Report This Post

chrise

24th October 2012, 11:02
I'm with you on that one, mamya - that's precisely why I usually give one answer at a time!
9 of 49  -   Report This Post

mrw

24th October 2012, 11:19
I'm also with you on that Mamya, it is really frustrating having to go through everything again if you forget something.
10 of 49  -   Report This Post