CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

bobs mum

24th October 2012, 11:22
Very very good suggestion mamya
11 of 49  -   Report This Post

pastille

24th October 2012, 11:40
Morning all....

Agree with all the previous posts.

I sometimes lose my reply altogether, when checking back, and have to start again...but that is might be my ineptness.
12 of 49  -   Report This Post

anag&lit

24th October 2012, 11:55
Also a 'page select' facility would be useful or a faster way of jumping to previous pages.

I've just had to reference a post from July 2011 which meant scrolling back to page 860.

Given that you can only jump across about four page counts at a time when scrolling back, and that are about 60 pages of posts per month, this became quite painful.
13 of 49  -   Report This Post

bernie

24th October 2012, 12:23
Ban pastille from CLUELESS, to give everyone else a chance! ;-)
14 of 49  -   Report This Post

pastille

24th October 2012, 12:51
@ bernie...kissypoos to you..lol
15 of 49  -   Report This Post

chrisg

24th October 2012, 14:33
I agree with the above. Might be an idea if we can see who is online/logged in?...similar to a function of instant messaging. Or maybe people may not want others to see they are online?
16 of 49  -   Report This Post

rossim

24th October 2012, 15:02
There might be someone else using the computer if it just shows it is online.
17 of 49  -   Report This Post

chrisg

24th October 2012, 15:34
No - it would only show online if the user is logged into the Forum, not if they are doing other things. Perhaps it is not a workable idea anyway..
18 of 49  -   Report This Post

barista

24th October 2012, 17:22
Instant updates (or timed updates) would be sweet - a couple of months ago Malone and I were working through a particularly tricky Inquisitor over lunch on a Saturday and it was a little frustrating having to keep refreshing to see if s/he had replied!

Otherwise agree with the suggestion that you get to see the query you're replying to when replying. Typically I will forget what I was answering as I answer.

Oh, and ban this site from my computer at work. It owes me a lot of money in lost revenue.
19 of 49  -   Report This Post

rossim

24th October 2012, 18:47
Chrisg What would happen then if I didn't log out but went away and left my laptop to go into sleep mode. I do this as it can be a real drag to have to log back on each time I come back again. ( Or maybe I shouldn't do this.)
As you have probably realised I am pretty new to all this.
20 of 49  -   Report This Post