CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mamya

24th October 2012, 18:53
If the system were set up, then in that case it would show you as logged in - if someone posted something for your attention and got no reply, they would assume you were away from the screen.

I do it with messenger all the time and come back from the shops and my daughters have been chatting to lol
21 of 49  -   Report This Post

mamya

24th October 2012, 18:54
oops - to me.
22 of 49  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

24th October 2012, 18:55
anag&lit - it's a lot quicker and easier to use Google. I just entered your user name + crosswordsolver into Google and one of the results was a thread on DT 26604 in July 2011. Given that you actually know what you're looking for, it should be even quicker for you!
23 of 49  -   Report This Post

rossim

24th October 2012, 19:00
That's what I thought Mamya. Thanks
Bullfrog Great idea I would never have thought of that.
24 of 49  -   Report This Post

harrhy

24th October 2012, 19:52
Earlier Mamya suggested:
I may be alone in this but if someone asks say 3 or 4 crossword clues, I click to reply and of course the question is no longer visible, trying to recall the numbers and letter counts becomes a memory test.

I have had terrible trouble with this but have solved it by copying and pasting the question into the reply box and editing out what I don't need before adding my reply.
It would be useful to have the original question on the screen but often questions are added to a thread as it grows so the question may not be the first posting on the list.
25 of 49  -   Report This Post

julianandsandy

25th October 2012, 10:36
We think the simplest and most useful improvement would be to add a 'Last' box to the number line.
26 of 49  -   Report This Post

chrise

25th October 2012, 10:44
Julian and Sandy have come up with a wonderfully simple solution to the "long thread" problem. I hope that it is achievable.
27 of 49  -   Report This Post

robinp

25th October 2012, 12:31
Or perhaps the symbols > for going to the first/last page.
28 of 49  -   Report This Post

anag&lit

25th October 2012, 14:10
Bullfrog just seen your post above.

Good idea and thanks. I should have thought of that. Certainly one way of getting round it.

Anag&lit
29 of 49  -   Report This Post

janebb

25th October 2012, 17:43
mamya et al. Each day when I've completed the clues I know and may need 'google' or 'quick solve' is to keep a pen and paper beside me, not always convenient. All suggestions are brilliant especially the one that takes one to 'Last Post'. Also the initial question appearing on the reply site. I wondered why chris did them singly, now makes sense, he doesn't use a pen and paper. Good idea chris.
30 of 49  -   Report This Post