CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jolan

2nd October 2012, 12:24
Good morning, friends. Hope you are well. Also hope today's few will amuse and puzzle. Good solving! J

I set crossies just for pleasure. I wonder if some of you excellent regulars would like to try a few of my clues? Since they're new, no letters!

Please withhold solutions till 5 pm (GMT + 1) to allow others to have a go.

1. Byzantine saints undo the complete details of any matter (3,3,4)
2. Negligent hit-and-run (8)
3. Young women having imbibed, stop playing a simple piano piece (10)
4. Scratch out a living from shaving Italian cast (7)
5. Prepared to be nourished with cheese? (7)
1 of 37  -   Report This Post

chrise

2nd October 2012, 12:31
Hi jolan - hope you are well.
I see no.1 and have some thoughts on some of the others. I'll look off and on during the afternoon to see if further inspiration strikes.
2 of 37  -   Report This Post

rossim

2nd October 2012, 13:02
Thanks Jolan. I also have the first one.
3 of 37  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

2nd October 2012, 13:09
Hello, Jolan. What are your breakfasts like? Got all of them but 5, have to ponder...
4 of 37  -   Report This Post

jolan

2nd October 2012, 13:18
Hi Chrise, Rossim and Ari. Nice to see such fast progress.
Ari, you must just have arisen and got four over breakfast, eh? A wizard.
Used eat everything in sight for brekker but now limit it to cereal, three eggs (easy over), bacon, sausage, black and white pudding, hash browns and beans. Waffles and maple syrup on the side. Must leave room for lunch and dinner, of course.

You?
5 of 37  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

2nd October 2012, 13:30
Whoa. How do you fit into your kitchen? I have oats almost every day, occasionally eggs and toast and hash browns (we call them home fries).
6 of 37  -   Report This Post

chrisg

2nd October 2012, 13:30
Hi Jolan - Got them all bar 4. I have granola for breakfast which my trouble and strife makes (using walnuts from our tree)
7 of 37  -   Report This Post

chrise

2nd October 2012, 13:32
Hi jolan,
If you are serious about your breakfast (which I doubt), you must have spent time in the US - the only breakfasts of that size I have seen were there.
Conversely aristo must have spent time in Europe!
8 of 37  -   Report This Post

jolan

2nd October 2012, 13:46
Welcome, also, Chrisg.

Really, I jest! Since becoming an ancient, my brekker consists of my own muesli recipe made of Organic porridge oats (TESCO), raisins, sultanas (not the Sultan's wives), goji berries, demerara, blueberries, cranberries and lots of oat bran. I make a big box up and use two measures a day with cold skimmed milk. Lasts about a month.

Coo! Getting like a health-food site. Sorry. See you at 5.
9 of 37  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

2nd October 2012, 13:46
Ah! Got them all now. I don't even cook the oats, ChrisG; I have them with raisins and walnuts and peanut oil, rather like the birthday boy's granola I guess. I think my favorite breakfast is the Sicilian gelato on a brioche. Imagine.
10 of 37  -   Report This Post