CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mrs trellis

3rd September 2012, 16:39
oh wow, just googled it & found one. It's a miracle! thanks chelle
11 of 23  -   Report This Post

bobs mum

3rd September 2012, 16:39
hi mrs t,
i've just been talking to yr twin sister on another thread..yep i have Google chrome as well i was waiting for the old man to come home tonight to get him to install everything.
12 of 23  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

3rd September 2012, 16:41
lol, you could do what I just did - or let 'im indoors sort it, so he can take the blame if it all goes wrong.
13 of 23  -   Report This Post

tonyw

3rd September 2012, 19:21
The trouble is that we get this site for free and Ash and their company need to be financially viable for the site to continue.I have always had Adbloc enabled on this site but feel that I am letting down the side.If there were no adverts then we would have to pay for the privilege.I am still waiting to see how good the new site will be.
14 of 23  -   Report This Post

norah (admin)

4th September 2012, 17:33
Just to let everyone know that Ash is reviewing the flashing ad at the end of the month. However, TonyW is quite right, it is the adverts which enables Ash to provide this free site for you all to enjoy. He is running a business which necessarily has to make a profit and the adverts pay for the free site and my time as Admin Asst, they are also paying for the considerable man hours put into designing the new site. Having said that, we want you all to be happy with the site and take your concerns seriously so he will certainly be addressing the issue of flashing ads in the future. The new site should be up and running in a few weeks.
15 of 23  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

4th September 2012, 18:38
Speaking personally Norah, I could cope with the flashing adverts if they didn't suddenly take over the whole screen when your mouse strays a teeny bit - infuriating. Does your revenue from them depend on people not blocking them?
16 of 23  -   Report This Post

norah (admin)

4th September 2012, 19:12
Yes, Mrs Trellis, Ash says our revenue would drop considerably if everyone blocked the adverts. Thanks for asking.
17 of 23  -   Report This Post

rossim

5th September 2012, 07:57
With this knowledge I'm prepared to put up with them and will just try to keep my mouse under control!
18 of 23  -   Report This Post

bobs mum

5th September 2012, 08:51
Hi Norah, thank you for replying. My main concern was for the moving ads that keep popping over over where i need to click -- i will not block ads in light of what u have written, as i fully understand your position regarding revenue. This is a great site enjoyed by many and i would like to thank you for all your hard work.
19 of 23  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

6th September 2012, 09:23
Hi norah, I second bobs mum's comments with regard to your & Ash's hard work - it's a great site. Unfortunately I had already blocked the ads before I thought to ask you about revenue. Depending on what Ash decides regarding them, I will consider un-blocking them (if I can work out how).
20 of 23  -   Report This Post