CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

bobs mum

3rd September 2012, 14:48
Please explain please how i can rid of these wretched moving ads that r blighting the page ..they are driving me mad... bloody Dredd
1 of 23  -   Report This Post

chelle

3rd September 2012, 14:55
I have an ad blocker add on installed on by browser (mozilla firefox).
if you use explorer there is one here;
http://simple-adblock.com/

In firefox go to tools / add ons
2 of 23  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

3rd September 2012, 14:55
Agreed - and if you accidentally hover over them they become full-screen. Hate them.
3 of 23  -   Report This Post

paul

3rd September 2012, 14:59
Thanks Chelle; posted similar question last week, will try your suggestion.
4 of 23  -   Report This Post

bobs mum

3rd September 2012, 15:00
Thank you so much chelle, i understand that web-sites need to earn but this is just getting silly. the ads keep appearing over where u need to click. I'm just getting a grumpy ol gal Thank you anywayX
5 of 23  -   Report This Post

chelle

3rd September 2012, 15:01
Oh i agree - it was mainly this site that prompted me to install the ad blocker.
:-/
6 of 23  -   Report This Post

harrhy

3rd September 2012, 15:24
Many thanks chelle. This site has been freezing on me for the last month and I've had to keep reloading the page. Seems much faster now!
7 of 23  -   Report This Post

paul

3rd September 2012, 15:24
WOW - THANKS CHELLE! So far so good....Tried earlier suggestion to do it via tools - pop-ups but didn't work!
8 of 23  -   Report This Post

bobs mum

3rd September 2012, 16:33
I'm going to put the Doomsday Preppers (is this even a word?) up against Dredd and let them sort it out between themselves. However, tonight i'm going to block the little Sh**Ts and they better know it.
9 of 23  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

3rd September 2012, 16:35
Anyone know of one for Google Chrome?
10 of 23  -   Report This Post