CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

raymond

8th August 2012, 22:18
Good evening 'Pipes'
Hope you're well, I know you're not an Olympic fan but I'm sure you're delighted for Chris (SIR no less) and his amazing performance last night.!
BEST wishes, R. :>)
31 of 44  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

9th August 2012, 09:57
Thanks, Raymond. Yes, I have to admit that I was happy for Sir Chris. More so, I think because he seems to be a modest person, and still thinks that Steve Redgrave is a better Olympian than he is.

Hope your day goes well.

P
32 of 44  -   Report This Post

mondrian

9th August 2012, 14:37
Too many of you are finding this week`s crossword easy for my liking! Where are those, like me, who are stuck?

For starters, I`m stuck on 5D, 6D, 15A, 16A and 22A. Any help most welcome.

So glad everyone (well nearly) is enjoying the Olympics as am I and have watched far more than I ever intended. It has been and still is so exciting. Jazzgirl, I specially watched the road race (Bradley Wiggins) which you said was in your area and wondered if you were in the huge crowd. Well done to all the athletes and organisers and special well done to Team GB.
33 of 44  -   Report This Post

chrisg

9th August 2012, 15:36
Hi mondrian - I too am enjoying the Olympics!
5d is German for wonderful (I think!) starts with a W and ends in an R. 6d is a name for a cap with 2 boys names - starts with a G and ends in a Y. 16a is a word meaning competition "sibling" + this word should help. ...22a answer is another word for a Dandy ...starts with a P and ends in a Y. Hope this helps !
34 of 44  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

9th August 2012, 16:01
Hi Mondrian
I wonder if you're still in the library. I've just this minute checked in.
I hope you are well. Yes, I was in the crowd down by the Thames for the cycling road races, and the time trials. Bradley Wiggins is a great character and what an inspiration. I had to laugh when he didn't know which village he'd just been through, or the name of the "castle" .
Cycling, running, rowing & sailing, are my only real favourites,along with the Murray/Federer match.
I've not watched too much today as I'm catching up with gardening.
Best wishes
J
35 of 44  -   Report This Post

raymond

9th August 2012, 21:44
Yes 'Pipes',

I agree with you about Chris Hoy, certainly a humble chap. Sir Steve led the way. Hate to say it but Bolt's performance lags way behind...(not really, that sounds petty)..it's just G.B's modesty shines through. Talking about G.B, you're NOT going to leave the 'Union' are you 'Pipes'.? We'll miss you south of the border, don't want to apply for a passport to see the Tattoo..! R.
36 of 44  -   Report This Post

raymond

9th August 2012, 21:52
Must add a P.S.
Has anyone been watching the 'Dressage'..? Those 'dancing' horses brought a tear to the eye.! R :>)
37 of 44  -   Report This Post

rossim

9th August 2012, 22:27
I've been to the Olympic Stadium. A marvellous experience. I was above the cauldron and could feel the warmth! The organisation was fantastic from beginning to end. There was a minimum amount of queuing and the voluntary staff could not have been more helpful.
Yes, I did watch the dancing dressage horses on TV and they were an absolute delight.
38 of 44  -   Report This Post

raymond

10th August 2012, 20:32
Good for you Rossim,
It must've been a wonderful experience. That cauldron looks HOT! What event did you see?
R.
39 of 44  -   Report This Post

simple_sam

10th August 2012, 22:39
Just to expand on 5d, Chrisg, first letter of walking + synonyms for below & obstacle. Very tricky this week, I thought!
40 of 44  -   Report This Post