CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jazzgirl

7th August 2012, 16:27
No No NO trevor. Don't tempt me.
There is bathroom tile grouting to be done, as well as the Olympics.
21 of 44  -   Report This Post

magworth

7th August 2012, 16:37
I`ve had a different Olympics-themed cartoon every day, but this is the first that could be moved.
The cycling terrifies me - i expect an almighty pile-up at any minute. M.
22 of 44  -   Report This Post

trevor

7th August 2012, 16:45
you can see all of googles doodles, as they call them, here,
http://tinyurl.com/6q4qdpu
23 of 44  -   Report This Post

devonian

7th August 2012, 18:36
Good evening all - fairly easy this week & finished except 1d - its always the short words that catch me out - I've got -u-a- 'A river heard' - further clues ?
24 of 44  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

7th August 2012, 18:51
hi devonian
It is a word meaning "perceived by the ear" or "heard".
A + (Russian) river
hope this helps.
J
25 of 44  -   Report This Post

chrise

7th August 2012, 18:51
It's a word meaning "heard". Not a British river - in fact, mountain range would be more familiar.

P.S. are you from Devon, at all? I was born in North Devon, though don't live there now.
26 of 44  -   Report This Post

devonian

7th August 2012, 19:10
Thanks Jazzgirl & Chrise - simple when explained as always ! yes Chrise, I am at a wet & misty Torbay - not exactly 'The English Riviera' today - feeling sorry for any holiday makers down here, but promised BIG improvement for the weekend
27 of 44  -   Report This Post

chrise

7th August 2012, 19:11
South Devon was a foreign country to us!
28 of 44  -   Report This Post

night owl

8th August 2012, 01:57
Hi Folks. As usual I thought it was hard but as quite often I managed to struggle to completion. I puzzled over 1D as I've never heard of the river, only the mountains. Got 13D but spent ages wondering how it fitted the clue the penny dropped.
Been watching some of the Olympics but I'm not sure about the women boxing. What if one gets knocked out and forgets how to do ironing?
29 of 44  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

8th August 2012, 12:27
Good Afternoon, All. Not too bad this week, but had to make a stab at 18 across, thanks to my abysmal English geography. 21 across was also a bit odd.

Hope all are well.

P
30 of 44  -   Report This Post