Matching Words47 Results
Below are the words that matched your query.
- noun - the semantic role of an entity that is not the agent but is directly involved in or affected by the happening denoted by the verb in the clause
- a person who requires medical care; "the number of emergency patients has grown rapidly"
- verb - make light, rapid and repeated sounds; "gently pattering rain"
- rain gently; "It has only sprinkled, but the roads are slick"
- - One who patters, or talks glibly; specifically, a street peddler.
- noun - a customary way of operation or behavior; "it is their practice to give annual raises"; "they changed their dietary pattern"
- plan or create according to a model or models
- a decorative or artistic work; "the coach had a design on the doors"
- form a pattern; "These sentences pattern like the ones we studied before"
- something regarded as a normative example; "the convention of not naming the main character"; "violence is the rule not the exception"; "his formula for impressing visitors"
- something intended as a guide for making something else; "a blueprint for a house"; "a pattern for a skirt"
- a perceptual structure; "the composition presents problems for students of musical form"; "a visual pattern must include not only objects but the spaces between them"
- a model considered worthy of imitation; "the American constitution has provided a pattern for many republics"
- graphical representation (in polar or Cartesian
- noun - the act of paying money
- an act of requiting; returning in kind
- a sum of money paid or a claim discharged