CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

 

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

gitto

10th October 2026, 14:16
I have a full grid but cannot make any sense of the two columns made from the "linker" clues.
1 of 20  -   Report This Post

gitto

10th October 2026, 14:30
Sorted out the two columns now and highlighted the name. It is the "what else needs highlighting" which is stumping me.
2 of 20  -   Report This Post

jogamel

10th October 2026, 14:36
Can you help me with “ Glum after foxtrot, power lacking in dancing impact (10). Begins with F
3 of 20  -   Report This Post

gitto

10th October 2026, 14:56
F + 3 letter synonym for sad + an anagram described by the last five words of the clue. There is no definition and it is a "linker clue". I only got it using google as it isn't in my BRB or Bradford's.
4 of 20  -   Report This Post

gitto

10th October 2026, 14:58
BTW, the clue length may be misleading,
5 of 20  -   Report This Post

jogamel

10th October 2026, 15:02
Thank you gitto. The preamble was scary anyway. I don’t think I’m anywhere near but I’m grateful for the advice.
6 of 20  -   Report This Post

buddy

10th October 2026, 15:50
The preamble says that the final highlighting is 3 & 6, but having read more about the theme than I really wanted to know, it seems like it should instead be 3 & 10. What am I missing?
7 of 20  -   Report This Post

zabadak

10th October 2026, 16:14
I am in the same position, though there is a 6 letter answer created by the "name" which unfortunately doesn't appear other than in rather scattered form. The 3 letter could be anything. I likewise have two connected devices, 6 and 3, which look right but aren't coherently in the grid. Stuck for the moment, and not inclined to scrabble around the grid for some acronym in this field which, let's face it, could be any set of letters!
8 of 20  -   Report This Post

buddy

10th October 2026, 16:25
All of the thematic items invented by our thematic person contain the connector character which leaves only two places in the grid that they can be.
9 of 20  -   Report This Post

buddy

10th October 2026, 16:31
That is to say, the column of first letters gives us a person X, and the column of last letters tells us we are looking for Ys. So if you Google "list the Ys invented by X" you will see that the first Y is 3 characters and appears in one row, and the final Y is 10 characters and appears in another row. So I am not sure what else we can be looking for,
10 of 20  -   Report This Post