CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

 

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

ilippu

5th October 2026, 00:25
Thanks Enigmatist.
Just printed it.
1 of 22  -   Report This Post

jono

5th October 2026, 05:18
Here’s a grid for those that prefer. I’ve left the grid numbering in, even though the puzzle doesn’t contain clue numbers.

https://crossword.info/jono/Genius_280_Enigmatist
2 of 22  -   Report This Post

ilippu

5th October 2026, 06:10
Thanks jono.
Will be helpful to post comment or seek help.

3 of 22  -   Report This Post

buzzybee

5th October 2026, 11:41
I have to admit that I am finding this the toughest yet. Not only are the instructions appropriately Enigmatic, the clues themselves are about 11 on a scale from 1 to 10 (pace Spinal Tap). Will struggle on.
4 of 22  -   Report This Post

jono

5th October 2026, 11:58
Glad to hear I’m not the only one!
5 of 22  -   Report This Post

buddy

5th October 2026, 12:03
Based on my first solved themer, I went down a rabbit hole looking for the wrong theme, Once that was straightened out the entry method became clear and everything slotted into place pretty quickly. A suitably enigmatic Genius, I think.
6 of 22  -   Report This Post

muraria

5th October 2026, 12:47
Took a while to get enough answers and in the right places to start to make sense of what was going on but as buddy says, things fell into place reasonably quickly once the tipping point was reached. A great construction from Enigmatist, thanks!
7 of 22  -   Report This Post

ilippu

5th October 2026, 15:36
When I grow up, I want to be like buddy and muraria - solving Genius by Enigmatist in a couple of hours. :-)

Last night, had done about a third, started entering answers, having three of the six anchors and went to bed.

No idea of the theme.

8 of 22  -   Report This Post

sircrispin

5th October 2026, 15:52
Ditto that Ilippu. I've filled the grid through sheer brute force - all apart from the 7. Now what?
9 of 22  -   Report This Post

sircrispin

5th October 2026, 16:33
'Ang on a mo.. I've just tidied everything up on a new piece of paper. There seems to be a superfluity of clues. Furrowed asymmetric brow emoji... Enigmatist, this is exquisite torture
10 of 22  -   Report This Post