CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

 

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

muraria

5th October 2026, 16:47
Thanks ilippu that's very kind of you to say that but I suffered with this one. Just a few enlightened guesses helped, as well as 'hopping' across the entries in the completed grid. This should reveal the answers to the 7 undefined clues.
11 of 23  -   Report This Post

sircrispin

5th October 2026, 16:53
As an aside, are there any grammarians/sub-editors who do this puzzle?

I got myself thinking at my own ignorance.

At the start of a sentence, should it be 'ang on a mo' or 'Ang on a mo?'

Is the apostrophe a proxy capital?

I could ask AI or try to dig out my Fowler's from the attic, but I'd rather throw this one out to public scrutiny
12 of 23  -   Report This Post

sircrispin

5th October 2026, 16:55
As an aside, are there any grammarians/sub-editors who do this puzzle?

I got myself thinking at my own ignorance.

At the start of a sentence, should it be 'ang on a mo' or 'Ang on a mo?'

Is the apostrophe a proxy capital?

I could ask AI or try to dig out my Fowler's from the attic, but I'd rather throw this one out to public scrutiny.
13 of 23  -   Report This Post

pendragon

5th October 2026, 17:26
I'd go with 'Ang on mo,
14 of 23  -   Report This Post

pendragon

5th October 2026, 17:36
Sorry, 'Ang on a mo.
15 of 23  -   Report This Post

jono

5th October 2026, 17:40
'Twas the night before Christmas…
16 of 23  -   Report This Post

jono

5th October 2026, 17:49
…which I offer by way of example. It would look odd not to start with a capital.
17 of 23  -   Report This Post

castafiore

5th October 2026, 18:00
Same. Have laboriously solved the clues that fit the grid. Can't see where to go from here.
18 of 23  -   Report This Post

pendragon

5th October 2026, 18:01
Thanks, jono. I thought 'Twas the night before Christmas was a hint. I was trying to fit all seven reindeer into the grid!
19 of 23  -   Report This Post

muraria

5th October 2026, 18:12
castafiore,
You need to look carefully at your across entries in a 'joined up' way. Some names should spring out.
20 of 23  -   Report This Post