CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

 

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

nicoladawn

4th October 2026, 09:26
I enjoyed this , especially after thinking it looked challenging before completing it without writing anything save the answers.
Some tough clues which were my last ones in and my favourites: 28a and 9d. They created pleasing lightbulb moments.
11 of 18  -   Report This Post

barryc

4th October 2026, 10:42
Thanks and congratulations, Everyman.
And thanks, Jono. The four references are very clever.
COD 9D which definitely raised a smile, and 25D a groan!
Happy Sunday, everyone
12 of 18  -   Report This Post

yevrah

4th October 2026, 17:40
Jono, would you be prepared to reveal the four clues.

I am thinking 13a.

Was he born in 12a?

He is a 25a thinker (radio 4?)

Has a 9d.

Thanks.

Intrigued.

13 of 18  -   Report This Post

jono

4th October 2026, 17:55
Hi Yevrah, much simpler than that, just look at the four perimeter solutions , they each contain four C’s.
CCCC = 400.
14 of 18  -   Report This Post

yevrah

4th October 2026, 18:23
Ah. I did wonder. I had spotted something along those lines - many 'c's such as 18a and 25d - but not that.

Neat, love it.

Makes my day.

Have a good week.

Y.

15 of 18  -   Report This Post

yevrah

4th October 2026, 19:02
So Jono, his 500th will be around end of July 2028?

I'll watch out for lots of Cs.
16 of 18  -   Report This Post

jono

4th October 2026, 19:23
I calculated Sunday 6th August 2028. But it will be number 4272.
17 of 18  -   Report This Post

yevrah

4th October 2026, 22:47
Actually, I will look out for 'D's on that date.
18 of 18  -   Report This Post