CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

 

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

ilippu

3rd October 2026, 06:46
Thanks Paul.
Well-crafted fun.

Likes
14a, 18a, 25a
3d, 13d, 15d, 16d, 17d

COD : 18a
11 of 27  -   Report This Post

rocky7

3rd October 2026, 08:05
Glad you said that at 7 Brendan because I've got myself royally stuck on that clue after making some good progress.

For those coming later I found the NE was my starting route in and it unfolded nicely from there until 17d.
12 of 27  -   Report This Post

buzzybee

3rd October 2026, 08:20
Rocky7
The misdirection in 17D is one of the best I've seen for a while.
13 of 27  -   Report This Post

rocky7

3rd October 2026, 08:45
It is BuzzyBee but I had to read the work to get it. I did study that at school but had long forgotten some of the unique words.

Can anyone also explain 18a parsing? I'm clearly missing something.
14 of 27  -   Report This Post

jono

3rd October 2026, 08:47
Hi Rocky, 18a parses 5,1,5. The first 5 is an example.
15 of 27  -   Report This Post

neville17

3rd October 2026, 10:01
Well, that was hard, but almost finished - just puzzling over 26a and 20D - any hints would be appreciated.
16 of 27  -   Report This Post

simond9x

3rd October 2026, 10:07
26a definition is first word but split into two

20d I bunged in a word but can't see wordplay myself.
17 of 27  -   Report This Post

rocky7

3rd October 2026, 10:08
Thanks Jono. That's a great clue in fact. Tremendous.
18 of 27  -   Report This Post

simond9x

3rd October 2026, 10:08
And I immediately see the wordplay for 20d !
19 of 27  -   Report This Post

jono

3rd October 2026, 10:09
20d parses 1,2,3
20 of 27  -   Report This Post