CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

 

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

hugh

25th August 2026, 08:07
I've finally sussed the significance of the shorter 20 across entry. I can stop looking for that dog at last!
21 of 28  -   Report This Post

bathmatters

26th August 2026, 17:41
Would be grateful for two pieces of parsing:

— 5 Down on the dishonest guard side: “Midas stripped…” Is IDA a non-legendary river or a legendary non-river? Can’t find it anywhere.

— 18 Down on the honest guard side: “On record….” I have
“e?er

Thanks!
22 of 28  -   Report This Post

buddy

26th August 2026, 17:45
It's a real river and a legendary mountain, so take your pick

The apple-eater is EVE
23 of 28  -   Report This Post

bathmatters

26th August 2026, 20:10
Thanks, Buddy!
24 of 28  -   Report This Post

smellyharry

6th September 2026, 20:58
If anyone still remembers this, I took it on holiday so have just done it.

I don't understand the wordplay for 18 false - why is Ossi 20% off Bolognese?

I also don't understand the question. Surely both guards give the same answer to this question?

25 of 28  -   Report This Post

patgreg

6th September 2026, 22:35
OSSIa (Italian – ‘Bolognese’ – for ‘or’ in music) losing one letter or 20% – Ossi is a citizen from the former GDR, not Hamburg - solution copid from Fifteensquared as I no longer had my copy to refer to.
26 of 28  -   Report This Post

smellyharry

7th September 2026, 12:26
Thanks, but I still don't understand. I can't see any backup for Bolognese meaning or in chambers or anywhere else??
27 of 28  -   Report This Post

smellyharry

7th September 2026, 12:27
Ignore this, understand now
28 of 28  -   Report This Post