CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

 

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

hugh

23rd August 2026, 15:09
Hi Thom. Difficult to give a clue as to the lie but I can tell you the answer is a German word. Hopefully that helps
11 of 28  -   Report This Post

hugh

23rd August 2026, 15:16
I suppose "ich bin ein Berliner" might be a good clue
12 of 28  -   Report This Post

thom

23rd August 2026, 15:43
Got it! Or at least got what it has to be. Thanks all
13 of 28  -   Report This Post

buzzb

23rd August 2026, 18:30
18d: the wordplay is an Italian musical word for 'or' without its last letter

Is the question 5,1,3,1,6,3,2,4,4?

Otherwise I don't understand how the right 7a works...
14 of 28  -   Report This Post

buzzb

23rd August 2026, 18:39
Never mind, I see my error in 1d
15 of 28  -   Report This Post

bobbycollins

23rd August 2026, 19:42
An excellent puzzle from Nathan Panning. Don't think that I've come across the device previously. I too was initially cautious of the preamble but it turned out as a really fun couple of hours.
16 of 28  -   Report This Post

stacpolly

24th August 2026, 09:34
Full grid but baffled over 'yes-no' question. Reading l to r, top to bottom 7, 9 and 15 give message 5, 5, 5, 3, 2, 4, 4 which make no sense to me in terms of the instructions.
No problem with answer 20 which sort of makes sense both with and without the unchecked letters.
Any nudges gratefully received.
17 of 28  -   Report This Post

hugh

24th August 2026, 11:39
I'm still not fully getting it either Stac Polly- although others seem happy enough. I would like to enter a dog...or dent a railway. Logic problems never were my forte
18 of 28  -   Report This Post

dunbar

24th August 2026, 14:33
It's not well worded but the 4,4 refers to the last row and whether you fill the unches or not.
19 of 28  -   Report This Post

jack aubrey

24th August 2026, 20:46
I thought this was a cracker. But I’m slightly embarrassed by how long it took me to notice that there were small differences between the two halves of the grid which made entry allocation much more straightforward than I first feared.
20 of 28  -   Report This Post