CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

 

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

malone

11th August 2026, 18:36
Gourami67, 'offered' you £10? I thought the John Lewis vouchers (useless in much of Scotland) were one of £30 and two of £20? I wish the prize of a Chambers dictionary had been re-instated, mine's looking distinctly tatty.
31 of 40  -   Report This Post

jono

11th August 2026, 18:52
I did finally receive my £30 prize for 2743 and was credited in the Easter magazine but it took a great deal of chasing. I used it (indirectly) to buy a Brewers which I rather like.
32 of 40  -   Report This Post

fred108

15th August 2026, 21:14
I have Katrine for 24d....a loch that supplies most of Glasgow's water.



fred
33 of 40  -   Report This Post

jono

15th August 2026, 21:25
Katrine is in Chambers but without the Glasgow association. I think I still prefer kirky@9’s suggestion.
34 of 40  -   Report This Post

malone

15th August 2026, 21:48
Fred108, I too almost put that in - but I realised all the other entries, the other names, mentioned the relevant place involved. My entry then became the S one, mentioned earlier.
35 of 40  -   Report This Post

brenk1

16th August 2026, 22:51
I have a different name, still female, involving strong winds. Stumped if there’s any other connection. 8dn gives me the same thought ..

Unfortunately the only link I can come up with is a natural phenomenon rather than specific place names.
36 of 40  -   Report This Post

mattrom

16th August 2026, 23:44
I think the correct answer to 8d. ends in D. It's not something I would have considered without seeing it in Chambers. This would make it difficult for those without access to the reference.
37 of 40  -   Report This Post

will37

20th August 2026, 01:28
In case anyone hasn't seen it, there's note attached to 2766, saying: "Doc apologises to Fieldfare and solvers alike for his error in rerunning a crossword from a previous issue last week. The preamble should have read ‘Nine unclued lights form three triplets, each related in a different way to the tenth.’ There will not be any prizes for solving Crossword 2765."
38 of 40  -   Report This Post

will37

20th August 2026, 01:31
And I apologise for posting thiat on the 2764 thread. It should have been on 2765,
39 of 40  -   Report This Post

jemimab

30th August 2026, 14:35
I think this is an unfair puzzle. I don't actually have a Chambers, any edition or app, but regularly solve the Speccie. I realised rapidly that the unclueds were (presumably) firstnames that are also places, but even knowing that and having an otherwise complete grid, it's impossible to solve.
40 of 40  -   Report This Post