CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

norah (admin)

26th April 2024, 14:18
The clues...
Requests for help should normally include the clue itself, the number of letters in the answer, and details of any you already have. Any additional information or special instructions, common in Listener puzzles, should also be included.
Hints only, please, no answers.

The theme...
Help towards the theme may also be sought here. The 'help' should be a pointer, just a nudge in the right direction - enough to help a struggling solver, not enough to spoil things for others! Any posts which, even inadvertently, reveal too much of the theme are likely to be removed.

The Listener is a unique puzzle and should be treated with respect.
1 of 95  -   Report This Post

simond9x

26th April 2024, 18:41
Very enjoyable. Took a while for the PDM. Still 5 queries on wordplay to sort out.
2 of 95  -   Report This Post

will37

27th April 2024, 00:26
All done - except that I've got four of the five names, including the two not in their commonly recognised form. I lack the third name of the trio. I know what I expect it to be but can I find it? Maybe the morning will shed greater light.
3 of 95  -   Report This Post

buzzb

27th April 2024, 01:10
That's funny...I have all three of the trio but only one of the pair (6 letters)...my 4 surnames use 27 cells...

Of course you don't have to know all five to complete the puzzle as long as you highlight the 18 cells
4 of 95  -   Report This Post

will37

27th April 2024, 02:49
True, one doesn't have to highlight the names; but if I can't identify them all I wonder whether I've got an error iny clue answers.
5 of 95  -   Report This Post

hotelwhiskey7

27th April 2024, 06:47
Re: the third member of the trio - you need to get the theme and highlight the relevant statement first; the correct surname is non-obvious.
6 of 95  -   Report This Post

kindred2

27th April 2024, 07:26
Rapid grid fill which wasa relief after last week! Now for the wordsearch.
7 of 95  -   Report This Post

gitto

27th April 2024, 09:09
Kindred2, I'm in the same position.
8 of 95  -   Report This Post

greengage

27th April 2024, 09:24
Got the trio and the cryptic statement (I think!), got the duo and the statement but not the cryptic version. Is one looking for an example of the subject or a more general word?
9 of 95  -   Report This Post

greengage

27th April 2024, 10:13
Got it!
10 of 95  -   Report This Post