CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

rocky7

2nd March 2024, 12:26
Thanks Jono. I might give that a go.
31 of 56  -   Report This Post

jono

2nd March 2024, 12:33
Rogissimo, certainly the different publications have their own “house style” which the editor will require setters to stick to. Probably the Times is the most prescriptive and the Independent one of the least. I suspect Paul can get away with rather more Pauline-esqueness (is that a word?) in the Guardian than he can in the FT!
32 of 56  -   Report This Post

geeker

2nd March 2024, 12:44
Thanks, jono. I solve fewer FT puzzles than I used to (they seem less challenging than the Indy and Guardian, so the Indy has become my second daily go-to source), and didn't know Paul was setting there! Will try it later today.
33 of 56  -   Report This Post

brendan

2nd March 2024, 13:00
Thanks Jono, that was good fun and fairly straightforward.

What is the meaning or purpose of the red dots in several of the squares?
34 of 56  -   Report This Post

brendan

2nd March 2024, 13:02
Cancel that, I see it signifies that you looked up a letter.
35 of 56  -   Report This Post

jono

2nd March 2024, 13:04
Hi Brendan, I think that it means you revealed those squares or solutions rather than entered them yourself.
36 of 56  -   Report This Post

rogissimo

2nd March 2024, 13:14
Indy is my second crossword of the day too, geeker.
One of those odd coincidences today in the fodder of Indy 11a and FT 16a. Amazing how often this sort of thing happens.
37 of 56  -   Report This Post

rogissimo

2nd March 2024, 13:16
Thanks jono - pretty much what I thought. I was surprised how easy the FT was, but I see from geeker that that might be rather par for the course. Ah well, 3 cryptics done this morning - time to do something useful!
38 of 56  -   Report This Post

jono

2nd March 2024, 14:21
Rogissimo and others, talking of trying different puzzles, Azed on Sunday is the prefect follow on to the Everyman. I’d encourage anyone to give it a try… something a bit different. We don’t generally have a thread here, but we could if there was enough interest.
39 of 56  -   Report This Post

samuipete

2nd March 2024, 15:03
Jono@32 it is now!
40 of 56  -   Report This Post