CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

samuipete

2nd March 2024, 07:28
Hi Brendan a real lol moment there with your zzzzz
11 of 56  -   Report This Post

lucertola

2nd March 2024, 08:29
I'm done apart from 12a. The only plausible answer I've found is a word that means on to of the water, but can't see how this might credibly fit what's in the clue. Any help will be received with much humility and gratitude. Heaps of it!
12 of 56  -   Report This Post

chrise

2nd March 2024, 08:40
Hi lucertola
The ball is just O, with A and a type of residence around it.

I had a glitch with 19a as I had somehow mangaed to enter the letters of 14d in the wrong order, so was trying, unsuccessfully, to make the poet OVID!

Quibble with 10a: it's a language family rather than "a" language - no-one speaks it.

I rather liked 21a.
13 of 56  -   Report This Post

teacher

2nd March 2024, 08:44
Fairly straightforward this morning. FOI 13d LOI 22a

I think I’ll have a go at Paul from yesterday as didn’t get a chance to look. Sounds like a fun one!
14 of 56  -   Report This Post

lucertola

2nd March 2024, 08:50
Thanks,. ChrisE. It's the O what did it! I kept thinking of ball as in dance or good time! Never overcomplicate!
15 of 56  -   Report This Post

ianwil

2nd March 2024, 09:03
1a - I have an answer that means “sand” (verb) but can’t parse it.
16 of 56  -   Report This Post

justsolve

2nd March 2024, 09:07
Chrise I agree with you about 10d - a loose definition but vey gettable from the wordplay.

My bigger quibble would be with 14, simply because the main component of the answer was beyond my GK - hence having guessed the answer I had to use Google to confirm it. I had in mind a rather more contemporary movie character hardly known for his sense of humour!

Having said that, a very entertaining solve, straightforward and tricky in equal measure, which raised quite a few smiles. Thanks Brummie and happy weekend to all.
17 of 56  -   Report This Post

rocky7

2nd March 2024, 09:17
Top half all done. But can someone p,ease give me a hint with no spoilers on how 1a parses? I can see the definition but the rest is a complete blank.
18 of 56  -   Report This Post

simond9x

2nd March 2024, 09:21
I suspect you have the wrong answer to 1a (as I did to start with)
19 of 56  -   Report This Post

jono

2nd March 2024, 09:23
1a is tricky. The definition is not where you’d expect it to be. If your answer has more than one A, it’s wrong. Hard to say more without spoilers.
20 of 56  -   Report This Post