CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

brendan

6th January 2024, 02:10
Thanks for all your replies, and especially to Jono and Jazzgirl for the excellent links.

I was pretty sure you'd all be pleased about a show featuring a Cambridge professor teaching a student (Nina!!) how to do cryptic crosswords, but wondered how you'd feel about the ending!

Personally, I didn't mind it, but maybe we've all become a bit anaesthetised to this sort of thing with the numerous films and TV shows featuring Hannibal Lecter which, I have to admit, I really enjoyed.

That said, I was curious to know if I'd enjoy any others so, once again, looked on IMDB for the highest rated shows in the series. First was The 12 Days of Christine but, to be honest, by now I was pretty much done with Christmas so decided to watch the one rated second. It's called A Quiet Night In and I thought it was absolutely brilliant.

It's not a spoiler to say that there's no dialogue (or is there 🤔 maybe there'll be a twist at the end and someone will speak!) and I was a tad concerned it was going to be slapstick, which I detest, but I found it to be one of the funniest half-hour shows I've ever seen (the scene with the dog had me in stitches).

So, if you fancy an hilarious 30 minutes of silent comedy, I recommend you pop over to iPlayer, it's Season 1, Episode 2 - A Quiet Night In.
11 of 12  -   Report This Post

brendan

6th January 2024, 02:21
I was going to start the 4th paragraph with...

"That said, I was curious to know if this was just a 'flesh in the pan' or if I'd enjoy any others so..."

As you can see I decided against it but... what the heck!
12 of 12  -   Report This Post