CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jordan

22nd December 2023, 22:57
Thanks a million. No matter how small I try to write , it is never small enough. Across clue completely missed but all sorted now.
11 of 57  -   Report This Post

woodlouse

23rd December 2023, 09:39
A jolly little crossword ruined by an utterly nauseating theme
12 of 57  -   Report This Post

madamearcati

23rd December 2023, 10:17
One of the joys for me in doing the LIstener Crossword has always been looking on this site
afterwards for the smattering of curmudgeonly comments. Seeing that this week's offering has a Christmas theme has brought out the best in you! Keep 'em coming! And in passing, thank you to Lionheart for that bit of cheer.
13 of 57  -   Report This Post

gitto

23rd December 2023, 12:18
Well, I have a full grid and highlighted the two messages (I think) but I cannot see, or parse, the "hides....", "Princess.." or "Country blackbird.." clues. Without those entered I only have four clashes - does that seem correct? Fortunately I too have not, nor will, see this film. That is not being curmudgeonly, merely expressing a matter of choice.
14 of 57  -   Report This Post

gitto

23rd December 2023, 12:34
I now have 6 clashes and 2 clues to sort out, I am assuming that there are one or two more clashes.
15 of 57  -   Report This Post

granama1

23rd December 2023, 15:10
Gitto, I can't help much but I think 'hides' is another word for thrashes and the answer sounds like what you might hear in the process (1 letter + a word that's in lots of cards).

I don't have much idea of what's going on in this puzzle. I have a full grid and a few clashes and can see several seasonal things but nothing that reminds me of a specific film. (I was hoping for 'yippee-kay-yay!' 😄
16 of 57  -   Report This Post

bananabean

23rd December 2023, 15:23
What are voiceless heavens?
17 of 57  -   Report This Post

granama1

23rd December 2023, 15:28
Bananabean. I have no idea! The answer seems reasonably clear and all I thought of was it's something to do with an exclamation ie 'Good heavens!'.
18 of 57  -   Report This Post

planks

23rd December 2023, 15:32
I have a full grid and found most of what I assume to be the messages but haven't a scooby what film they are from.
19 of 57  -   Report This Post

lumen

23rd December 2023, 15:55
Can someone steer me to the two four letter acrosses.
Straight clues.
Meat pans on the counter (?P??)
Met Office measure temperature in fine year (F?T?) Not sure about the F.
Top half all done, but struggling SE and SW.
20 of 57  -   Report This Post