CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

malone

17th November 2023, 15:45
I believe it's a numerical puzzle this week, so the normal wording/guidance here won't apply.

Help with clues can be sought, help with the theme can be sought. The 'help' should be a nudge, a pointer in the right direction - and definitely not anything that would spoil the enjoyment of other solvers.

The Listener is a unique puzzle and should be treated with respect.
1 of 48  -   Report This Post

simond9x

17th November 2023, 15:59
Hmm..... When I look online, I'm getting "403: Forbidden. Looks like you're not meant to be here! Please use the back button in your browser".

I pay monthly for The Times Puzzle Club and have had nothing from them to say that anything's changed. Both of The Times' Helplines disconnect after one ring. Anyone else having a problem?
2 of 48  -   Report This Post

simond9x

17th November 2023, 16:17
Please ignore that post. I finally got through to their Customer Services who sorted out my problem.
3 of 48  -   Report This Post

dylan

17th November 2023, 16:22
My immediate worry is that the first die I picked up at home has a different configuration to IOA picture. Mine has 4 spots where his has 3. I assume we have to use his design?
4 of 48  -   Report This Post

smellyharry

17th November 2023, 16:33
I'm just assuming that you have two opposites in equivalent cells for now. But it may turn out you have to assume his exact dice, we shall see
5 of 48  -   Report This Post

smellyharry

17th November 2023, 16:44
That should say can't have, apologies
6 of 48  -   Report This Post

candledave

17th November 2023, 16:48
I would assume we use the dice shown as otherwise why would it be shown. If you use a different dice then the relationships between front right and top will be different
7 of 48  -   Report This Post

gawdelpus

17th November 2023, 17:29
I get that often in the Times CC. I just go to the main page, log in, then scroll down to the very bottom of the page and click on the Club link.
8 of 48  -   Report This Post

smellyharry

17th November 2023, 18:39
This seems very tricky. Have a few bits worked out but now hit a wall
9 of 48  -   Report This Post

dylan

17th November 2023, 20:45
Quite agree, SH. I've got the bottom row in each grid, but otherwise there seems too little linkage between the grids to do much more. I'll probably give up soon.
10 of 48  -   Report This Post