CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

kellyr

10th November 2023, 10:15
Received a letter from The Times yesterday informing me that my monthly sub will be increasing from £13 per month to £30.33. I only use the Crossword Club and couldn't really care about the paper (most of which gets binned each Sunday) or the digital paper. It's more than I pay each month for my internet provider ! I think £360 a year is a little steep just to access crosswords, especially as the Telegraph is only £10 for the year and the NYT $25. Ah well back to buying the Saturday hard copy so at least I can access the Listener.
1 of 15  -   Report This Post

kellyr

10th November 2023, 10:49
Panic over - I got switched to a Digital Light package (which I didn't know existed !) for a fiver a month.
2 of 15  -   Report This Post

jono

10th November 2023, 11:59
Thanks for this KellyR.
I’ve just called them moved on to the “digital light” package for, as you say, 5 pounds a month. It’s quite a saving on the full subscription which I never really utilised and gives (I was assured) full access to the Crossword Club.
3 of 15  -   Report This Post

rusty

10th November 2023, 13:36
I switched to the Digital package for £5 a month, a few weeks ago. Mainly to get access to the Crossword Club.
I still get access to The Times newspaper every day, through the digital package, and I think it is an excellent deal considering The Times newspaper costs £2.80 per day.
4 of 15  -   Report This Post

paul

10th November 2023, 13:52
Good for posh chips….
5 of 15  -   Report This Post

tyke51

10th November 2023, 14:11
... you can get them in Peterborough!
6 of 15  -   Report This Post

kellyr

10th November 2023, 19:03
I should add that you can also access 30 articles per month with the DL package.
7 of 15  -   Report This Post

paul

11th November 2023, 05:15
… which I can get through in a day.J have switched to the £5 (thanks Kelly) also did the puzzles Annoying but the price has just risen from £13 for Sunday print edition including digital to this ridiculous piece of profiteering.
The only answer to keep reading relatively freely will be to go through a VPN and keep going back into the site.
8 of 15  -   Report This Post

kirky

11th November 2023, 11:01
With this digital package at £5 do you just get access to crosswords or can you get sudokus too?
i currently pay £26 a month and only use it for the puzzles...
9 of 15  -   Report This Post

jono

11th November 2023, 11:20
Kirky, my understanding (and experience to date) is that you get the full puzzles package, so yes, that includes Sudokus, Codeword, Bridge, Chess etc as well as all the crosswords including the Listener.
Like you I was paying £26 a month so this is quite a saving.
10 of 15  -   Report This Post