CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

roof

4th November 2023, 17:15
HI everyone

I thought this was easy, but nevertheless I'm stuck on the last four - 21ac (Is this a game I don't know, I feel it is on the tip of my tongue), 25ac (which I assume is the name of a person that I simply don't know, but it could be the grounds of a university?) 22d and 24d for which I have N?R? and can't think of a word that will fit any part of the clue.

Thank you Jazzgirl for the hint for 6d.
21 of 36  -   Report This Post

jono

4th November 2023, 17:18
Hi Roof,
21 is a musical instruction. The game is the first two letters.
25 you seems to have. One letter from Princeton and the rest is a specific person…
22 of 36  -   Report This Post

jono

4th November 2023, 17:24
Your letters are correct for 24d. One who “shops” but not in the High Street sense… the last letter comes from Primark
23 of 36  -   Report This Post

chrise

4th November 2023, 17:27
hi roof
22d is one of my favourites. look for "wrappers"
24 of 36  -   Report This Post

rocky7

4th November 2023, 17:38
Started this on a 13 hour flight today. Got to about 75% done then mental blank. Didn't know 21a so needed Google on landing. Still not quite sure of the no spaces between words significance in 9a but once I got 12a the last few fitted in to place.

I enjoyed dipping in and out of this all day. COD 10a for the definition I rthink.
25 of 36  -   Report This Post

roof

4th November 2023, 17:43
Thank you to Jono and Chris. All finished now with some help from my musical husband for 21ac - not a word I'd come across before. We had early on identified the existentialist, but I couldn't see how it would fit. I think I was looking at 21ac!

Chris, I thought I'd done the wrappers, but clearly not.

My FOI like Geeker was 10ac. I keep getting the same FOI as Geeker.
My LOI was 22d and my favourites were 20ac and 5d.

9ac and 11ac had me foxed for ages. But on the whole an enjoyable crossword. I'm getting to like Picaroon now.

Fingers crossed for a less rainy week ahead. It wasn't nearly as windy in Exeter as we'd been led to expect, but pressure is down to 957.8 millibars today. I've never seen it so low.
26 of 36  -   Report This Post

micky

4th November 2023, 19:15
I finished this more easily than most, but I also enjoyed it more than most, because there were quite a few good clues. Ones that I liked included 8a, 7d, and 14d, followed by 13d & 18d, but my COD is 5d, which i thought was a very cleverly constructed clue. FOI 12, which I saw almost immediately; LOI 3, which puzzled me for quite a while.
27 of 36  -   Report This Post

pault

6th November 2023, 07:38
I still don't get it. The hint is clear enough but I can't make it fit the clue
28 of 36  -   Report This Post

brendan

6th November 2023, 08:00
Hi Paul,

3d - 3 letter "driving from here" (think a sport) + 1 letter "north"
29 of 36  -   Report This Post

feebee

6th November 2023, 08:56
I’m on holiday so still working on it! I have an empty SW corner and half empty NE.

Please could I have a hint for 5d and 13d. Hoping that will unlock things.
30 of 36  -   Report This Post