CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

alwayspuzzled

1st November 2023, 16:30
Ive managed to find 3 mistakes for which I'm kicking myself. One was missing a letter from a legal term, one not being specific enough with a plant and one selecting a wrong small unit of currency. Everyth. ing now fits. Mny thanks for all your help and encouragement Drxx.
21 of 26  -   Report This Post

0pt0

2nd November 2023, 12:11
Despite the hints earlier in this thread, I still cannot solve either of the second parts of the 11th across and down clues. In my grid there do not seem to be any spaces for more across entries, so I am assuming that both are down entries. The only available spaces in my grid appear to be in the fifth and eighth columns where could accommodate SEN and AAH. The latter is hidden in the down clue, but the former is nowhere to be found. Clearly, I am barking up the wrong tree. any hints gratefully accepted.
22 of 26  -   Report This Post

malone

2nd November 2023, 12:26
OptO, the former is also be be found in a Down clue.
23 of 26  -   Report This Post

0pt0

2nd November 2023, 12:30
Thanks Malone. I did not search carefully enough.
24 of 26  -   Report This Post

malone

2nd November 2023, 12:44
Opt0, thanks - that wasn't much in the way of help,but I hoped it'd be enough. I hope too that you'll match those entries up pretty quickly.
25 of 26  -   Report This Post

jack aubrey

5th November 2023, 11:04
That was interesting and very satisfying as the grid started to fill in a helpful way. Quite a few traps for the unwary, I thought; and the obscure transliteration of what is defined in the eleventh across clue took quite a bit of hunting down. Many thanks, Piccadilly: a class act as ever. Now to catch up with today’s EV and yesterday’s Listener and IQ…..
26 of 26  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » EV 1614