CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

drxx

31st October 2023, 16:04
...but your 4x 10s are in the grid.
11 of 26  -   Report This Post

alwayspuzzled

31st October 2023, 16:15
Thanks for all that help Drxx. It will give me something to work on when I go back to it tomorrow.
12 of 26  -   Report This Post

drxx

31st October 2023, 16:16
Sorry, I've miscounted (typical!} it's a 12 letter answer that's the def for the 4th row from the bottom (will look again for your 11).
13 of 26  -   Report This Post

drxx

31st October 2023, 16:23
Yes, found that one now, it's the def for an answer in the 4th column (I think).
14 of 26  -   Report This Post

drxx

31st October 2023, 16:33
No, there's something wrong here because you found the 11 letter word in the 'Down' clues and my (plural) is in the 'Across' clues.
15 of 26  -   Report This Post

drxx

31st October 2023, 16:56
Perhaps we're using 'Across'/across and 'Down'/down differently, always puzzled? (which is understandable under the circumstances.)
As the clues are printed I have 2x 10 and 1x 11 in the 'Across' set and 2x 10 (and 1x 12) in the 'Down' set.
As for the 'm... g...', it will magically appear when you check your grid, if not before - good luck with it tomorrow.
16 of 26  -   Report This Post

alwayspuzzled

1st November 2023, 07:52
Thanks again for all your help Drxx. I made a typo yesterday when I referred to an 11 letter word in the set headed down. It should have been a 12 letter word. You mention an 11 letter word in the set headed across. That I haven't found. I've been starting with a 4 letter word beginning with O for the first across entry and a 6 letter one beginning with O for the first down entry. That is getting me somewhere but then I run into the clashes. I suspect I am approaching the entry jigsaw wrongly. Time now to look for the 3 letter Mo..
17 of 26  -   Report This Post

drxx

1st November 2023, 09:10
Having started with the correct 4 letter word there's a choice of two 6 letter words to follow it - if you've entered the 'b' word that could be your problem (because it defines the 2nd down entry).
Can you pluralise one of your 10 letter across words, alwayspuzzled?
18 of 26  -   Report This Post

alwayspuzzled

1st November 2023, 15:03
Thanks again Drxx. Apologies for not replying earlier. I had to go out this morning but managed to find the obscure Mo.. before I left. In the top shorter row I have a 4 letter word beginning with O and a 6 letter one beginning with S. The 10 letter words I've found in the clues headed 'across' are both adjectives and the 2 10 letter words I've found in the clues headed 'down' are both nouns. The trouble is they are in earlier down clues so if they form grid entries the symmetry wouldn't work. I have obviously made a mistake or two somewhere so will go back now to have another look at it.
19 of 26  -   Report This Post

drxx

1st November 2023, 16:22
One of your 10s (going down) starts in the top row, alwayspuzzled - the other (plural form) is symmetrically opposite, and defined by the 11 letter plural you're missing in the across clues (not a common word).
20 of 26  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » EV 1614