CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

lumen

30th October 2023, 23:49
Wow, that is devious use of 'trat'.
Finally for now, isn't the last wall clue a normal clue, not just wordplay?
41 of 55  -   Report This Post

drxx

31st October 2023, 10:14
I think the positioning of, ''and'' suggests otherwise, lumen - it would be redundant for the straight clue's answer (and the surface would be smoother without it).
42 of 55  -   Report This Post

granama1

31st October 2023, 12:21
Definitely a struggle! I have a full grid, apart from 1 square. A couple of groups with an obvious link and a couple with a less obvious one. I also spent more time retroactively parsing things than on any other crossword I can remember.

For 'Two engagements on social media....' I have 5 of 6 letters and not a scooby as to how they make two words related to any of the others. I've trawled over possible errors in my linked entries to no avail.
43 of 55  -   Report This Post

granama1

31st October 2023, 12:22
Definitely a struggle! I have a full grid, apart from 1 square. A couple of groups with an obvious link and a couple with a less obvious one. I also spent more time retroactively parsing things than on any other crossword I can remember.

For 'Two engagements on social media....' I have 5 of 6 letters and not a scooby as to how they make two words related to any of the others. I've trawled over possible errors in my linked entries to no avail.
44 of 55  -   Report This Post

granama1

31st October 2023, 12:24
Sorry about the double post. The system appeared to reject it the first time. 🤔
45 of 55  -   Report This Post

drxx

31st October 2023, 12:28
I tried to hint at this one earlier, granama1 (the part I needed help with was RT for re-tweet).
46 of 55  -   Report This Post

granama1

31st October 2023, 12:47
Ah...thanks drxx. I wouldn't have worked the RT out in the proverbial month of Sundays. I'll give it another coat of looking at. 😁
47 of 55  -   Report This Post

lumen

31st October 2023, 15:17
The last two clued answers which I don't have are - 33d, Ballerina out of the way up in Fife formerly (4) (particularly annoying as I am from Fife) and 37d, Numb after this smash from Dimitrov, which I can't see even though I have first two of three letters. Any help welcome.
I have most of the Wall answers except three of the long ones, I am thinking like 1a they are not real words or phrases. (1a is an incomplete phrase I think?)
48 of 55  -   Report This Post

muraria

31st October 2023, 15:26
Lumen,
33d is d(ance)r
37d Smash is slang for money so look up Dimtrov's nationality.
The long wall answers are incomplete, all completed by adding the name of one of the main thematic protagonisrs
49 of 55  -   Report This Post

malone

31st October 2023, 15:27
Lumen, the ballerina is just D ance r. I'm sure you recognise the 'formerly' now.
37 Numb is a Biblical abbreviation, as is the answer to the clue.

Yes, the long unclued entries don't read as proper words, phrase (because of a themed element).
50 of 55  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » IQ 1827