CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

daw

4th July 2023, 10:34
drxx you’re right. Never having been a fan of PF, I wasn’t conversant with the name. Excellent xword though.
11 of 46  -   Report This Post

jono

4th July 2023, 10:36
Excellent indeed. I thought this was good even before the “and something about the grid” reference revealed itself. Cheers Jack!
12 of 46  -   Report This Post

brendan

4th July 2023, 11:30
Only just got round to starting this but after seeing the first 10 or so removed words I easily recognised the work in question, in fact, I'm looking at my copy of it right now, but anyone thinking 'wow, that must be worth a few bob' should know that when my little sister was about 5yo she wrote her name in ink on the cover!
13 of 46  -   Report This Post

sircrispin

4th July 2023, 20:48
Goodness me. I hadn't noticed the 'around". Thank you Jack, that was brilliant. I still miss Sid...
14 of 46  -   Report This Post

prospero

4th July 2023, 23:20
welll, I'm really stumped on this one ... I've examined the grid a dozen times. All I can see is SYD spread out across the middle, and DARK on the right and SIDE on the left at the top. About? Around? Don't get me nowhere ....
15 of 46  -   Report This Post

jono

4th July 2023, 23:28
Prospero, you are on the right track with ‘dark’ but ignore the one in the top right and look for a nina-esque one, then follow it around…
16 of 46  -   Report This Post

brendan

4th July 2023, 23:42
Hi Prospero, you're right about going "around" but not in the outer ring but inside and then you'll see what you are probably expecting in Nina (of sorts)
17 of 46  -   Report This Post

jack aubrey

5th July 2023, 00:00
There is also a title in a shape the SE which links to 24a. Either an Easter Egg or a happy accident. Only Jack knows. (And, “for the avoidance of doubt” as lawyers say, it’s entirely another Jack!)
18 of 46  -   Report This Post

xwordfiend

5th July 2023, 00:22
The clue which becomes 6A. Run suspending apex predator. I have I think the only answer which fits - a form of snake - but I can’t parse it. Any help greatly received.
19 of 46  -   Report This Post

brendan

5th July 2023, 00:37
Hi Xwordfiend,

6a - 6 letter "run" then 2 letters taken from "suspending" which then becomes an instruction to get rid of the "apex" leaving you with a "predator"
20 of 46  -   Report This Post