CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

malone

24th March 2023, 15:44
The Clues …
Requests for help should normally include the clue itself, the number of letters in the answer, and details of any you aleady have. Any special instructions or addiitonal information should also be included.
Hints only, please, no answers.

The Theme …

Requests may be made here for help with the theme. The 'help' should aim to be useful, a nudge in the right direction - and definitely not anything that would spoil the puzzle for other solvers. Any queries or replies that - even inadvertently - reveal too much information on the theme are likely to be removed.

The Listener is a unique puzzle and should be treated with respect.

1 of 41  -   Report This Post

jordan

24th March 2023, 19:36
That's a cool ending. Very nice Mr D
2 of 41  -   Report This Post

cockie

24th March 2023, 19:56
Agreed - a very satisfying 3-5 hours. Held up only by trying to parse 11 and not looking at who set it. A masterpiece of construction.
3 of 41  -   Report This Post

simplesimon

24th March 2023, 20:30
Excellent construction, thank you Demoniacal. Will fundamentally change our diet forthwith!
4 of 41  -   Report This Post

will37

24th March 2023, 20:37
That was a most absorbing puzzle and, after all the erasing, I won't have to look out a suitable selfie to attach this time. Thank you, Demoniacal.

There's just one clue I haven't managed to parse fully but it's not stopping me finishing. I'll nail the little blighter eventually.
5 of 41  -   Report This Post

smellyharry

24th March 2023, 22:39
Enjoyable, though tricky to keep track of all the extra letters. Took me a good while to sort a good few of them out and still have 3 left and 3 clues I can't parse.

One slight criticism would be I could see the final grid with about ten clues left unsolved, so wouldn't have needed to solve those if I didn't want to.
6 of 41  -   Report This Post

jack aubrey

25th March 2023, 00:47
Many thanks, Demoniacal. A lot of fun and I was in the dark until the very last few moments, despite having appeared in a student production of the play many decades ago. I think Spike Milligan had one or two things to say about the subject matter…
7 of 41  -   Report This Post

andyp

25th March 2023, 09:23
Interesting method of entry - thought initially it would be cold solving central but that wasnt the case. Thanks Demoniacal
8 of 41  -   Report This Post

grunos

25th March 2023, 10:10
The length of the preamble alone suggests this will be more of a challenge than the last 2 weeks. Lots of rubbing out to do these days!
9 of 41  -   Report This Post

gitto

25th March 2023, 11:15
At first I feared that this was going to be another cold solve nightmare, but once a few pairings were found it all started to fall together quite nicely. I still cannot parse 11d or 13d but I'll revisit those some other time.

I did have some severe misgivings around the circled letters in the grid, but google came to the rescue.
10 of 41  -   Report This Post