CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

brendan

31st December 2022, 07:30
Hi Rocky, well done last week, you deserved it. I do worry for us this season especially after last night - out 5th defeat in a row! 🥵
11 of 37  -   Report This Post

rocky7

31st December 2022, 07:32
Thanks Brendan. I believe that a Chambers is on its way to me for my birthday in a couple of days via my sister. I think it will be very useful for just such incidences.

I'm making good progress so far.
12 of 37  -   Report This Post

rocky7

31st December 2022, 07:40
Yes Brendan it doesn't seem to be clicking for you guys at the moment. I was just glad to pick up again after the World Cup because the games come thick and fast now.

Never heard of 14a btw. I'm sure I won't be alone in that.
13 of 37  -   Report This Post

rocky7

31st December 2022, 07:57
All done. Definitely on the easier side to have finished before 8am on a Saturday. But no less enjoyable. There were some good clues in this.

FOI and COD contender 1d.
LOI also 26a
COD between 1d and 20d. But there were many good ones.
14 of 37  -   Report This Post

jono

31st December 2022, 09:00
Didn’t find that as easy as others I must say. Some clever constructions which took a while to unpack, 3d my favourite of these.

Happy New Year to all!
15 of 37  -   Report This Post

johnnykingsman

31st December 2022, 09:21
With another extended weekend was rather hoping for another special like last week. Alas,no.
Like others found this prize pretty straightforward - as Rogissimo said minutes not hours.
FOI 14, LOI 28. Several clever clues but no one stands out as particular favourite.
Happy New Year all.
16 of 37  -   Report This Post

chrise

31st December 2022, 10:01
This looked difficult at first pass, but in fact it was over quite quickly.

Rocky - it's worth knowing 14a and her equivalents; another one turns up quite often in crosswords, and I've seen several others too.
17 of 37  -   Report This Post

rogissimo

31st December 2022, 10:21
14a appears memorably and amusingly in Monty Python’s Cheese Shop sketch.
18 of 37  -   Report This Post

drjax

31st December 2022, 10:29
I also found this one on the easier side. Finished in bed with my early morning tea rather than over my later coffee which is always telling! Nevertheless, I thought there were some clever clues - particularly 3, 10 and 14. 1d made me smile too.

Last week’s was a slog. I screen-shotted it on my tablet and wrote it in using the markup feature in photo editing (where I could also zoom in). Looked a bit of a mess in the end but at least I could highlight the themed clue numbers and cross them off as I went.

Hope everyone has a great 2023!
19 of 37  -   Report This Post

davel

31st December 2022, 10:43
I enjoyed this, on the easier side I’d say, but plenty of good clues. FOI 10, LOI 9. COD 19, 24.
All the best everyone.
20 of 37  -   Report This Post