CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

cruciluci

26th December 2022, 01:15
I've almost clinched this one, but have three quick questions.

Am I right that there is a superfluous space between 7 and 11?

I've also got one clue left: 17-30. I assume the first word is the one to be acted upon. Any hints?

And finally, I can't figure out what letters to change in the annulus around the empty cell. Letters 1&2?

All in all, it's been a really fun jigsaw puzzle with a great "aha" moment when I got the theme.
1 of 20  -   Report This Post

muraria

26th December 2022, 06:03
Hi CL,
By 'superfluous' do you mean empty? If so, no, I have only one empty cell, the cell between 7 and 11 is filled by a letter from the entry to 27-4.
Yes, for 17-30, it's the first word that's acted on, pius unusual 5-letter word for 'string'.
Change 2nd letter of 2nd word and 1st of 3rd word (not Inc. The 5-letter word that goes in the empty cell)
I really enjoyed this, good fun and a real challenge!
2 of 20  -   Report This Post

krauton

27th December 2022, 08:38
Can anybody help with the following clues:

18-2 Handsome old throne on my shopping list initially. (6).

27-4 Agitatedly recall fellow's to wash entrance plate. (10).

Thanks.
3 of 20  -   Report This Post

malone

27th December 2022, 08:51
27 - Agitatedly indicates an anagram of one word, fellow's indicate an abbreviation and the wash is something a cat might do.

18-2 The 'old throne' was new to me, but I got the answer from the 'handsome.'. It's rather convoluted to parse (I'm not good), I'll have a think...
4 of 20  -   Report This Post

quisling

27th December 2022, 09:11
Krauton, “shopping” is a containment indicator in the second clue, in the sense of imprisoning.
5 of 20  -   Report This Post

krauton

27th December 2022, 10:19
Thanks I have the answers now and completed the crossword.
For those who haven't finished it beware of clue 22-3 this has two answers which fit the word play and definition and are anagrams of each other. I chose the wrong one and the endgame didn't work
so I had to change it for the other.
6 of 20  -   Report This Post

krauton

27th December 2022, 10:22
Thanks I have the answers now and completed the crossword.
For those who haven't finished it beware of clue 22-3 this has two answers which fit the word play and definition and are anagrams of each other. I chose the wrong one and the endgame didn't work
so I had to change it for the other.
7 of 20  -   Report This Post

quisling

27th December 2022, 10:26
I fell into the same trap, Krauton. It may also be where Cruciluci hit a problem. I think the correct answer is a more exact definition, but I was happy enough with the other one until it didn't work!

Top notch puzzle, this. Great fun
8 of 20  -   Report This Post

bobbycollins

27th December 2022, 13:24
I got into a dreadful muddle in the middle bottom and gave it up in a huff (or as Grouch would have said "A minute and a huff"!
9 of 20  -   Report This Post

malone

27th December 2022, 14:25
Quisling, Krauton, until your posts, I hadn't been aware of a trap. This is unusually good luck for me, I have led myself astray many a time!
10 of 20  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » IQ 1783