CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

candledave

18th December 2022, 10:43
There isn’t a clash in 7W

If you look at all the clues with clashes you should notice that they all have something in common which you will then realise is thematic
21 of 128  -   Report This Post

greengage

18th December 2022, 10:56
Thanks candledave, indeed there isn't, sorry! I'll try some of your staring therapy....
22 of 128  -   Report This Post

greengage

18th December 2022, 11:10
Aha! PDM, many thanks candledave!
23 of 128  -   Report This Post

mullingar

18th December 2022, 11:53
Hello there. Got a full grid and the internal thematics. Can't parse 2s or 11s and can't understand the letters outside the grid. How many thematics do they make? I have 14 of them. Hope this is acceptable. Been a lovely challenging puzzle
24 of 128  -   Report This Post

greengage

18th December 2022, 12:08
Hi mullingar, there are 16 letters to find. 2S think overseas soldiers that have ceded a zone, can't think how to describe parsing 11 without giving the game away.
25 of 128  -   Report This Post

gitto

18th December 2022, 13:14
I nearly gave up on this once or twice due to the excess of cold solving required to get a foothold on the grid filling. A thematic in the lower part of the grid led me to the PDM. Several clues had me stumped for hours, and without the PDM I would still be struggling to get those. A brilliant and, for me at least, a VERY difficult puzzle. As stated previously, the preamble, although fair when the puzzle is completed, is distinctly unhelpful in starting it. I too, initially, had dozens of clashes. After last weeks I was so glad that I did not require the further frustration of hours of grid staring.
26 of 128  -   Report This Post

mullingar

18th December 2022, 13:26
Thank you Greengage. That got me over the line and what a clever endgame it was. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Some very precise clueing. Congrats to Yorick
27 of 128  -   Report This Post

cockie

18th December 2022, 18:17
All I need is 49W. Googling Emmy-winners (twice) has produced nothing useful. The year would help! Apart from that, all done apart from deciding what to highlight - but the way ahead seems clear.
28 of 128  -   Report This Post

cockie

18th December 2022, 18:21
No need - the posting angel gave it to me (2 words a bit of a naughty though).
29 of 128  -   Report This Post

jordan

18th December 2022, 20:16
Brain is fairly scrambled and I could do with a nudge. In the "Others" box below the grid, should I be listing the items in the form L*** or P** (i have all the letters just unsure what format is required). Thanks Yorick - you deserve to take a few months rest!!
30 of 128  -   Report This Post