CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

granama1

20th November 2022, 14:35
@Lumen,

Re 2d Aha! Thanks.
Re 12d Aha! Again. 😄 I was transfixed on loco being an anagrind. That also gives me a very good idea why I have some missing modified answers. 👍
21 of 49  -   Report This Post

granama1

20th November 2022, 14:37
PS Sorry I was late with suggestions as to your problem couple. I guess you are OK with them now?
22 of 49  -   Report This Post

lumen

20th November 2022, 15:19
Yes got those two. Full grid in fact, have the extra letter anagram, and know the eleven entries that change. Just can't see how they all change! I'll think on. Or give up maybe! Pretty much done.
23 of 49  -   Report This Post

eraserman

21st November 2022, 08:37
Struggling to parse 40d. I have an obvious entry that satisfies the first four words with a misprint in 'ten' giving a meal. How does villager's left over work?
Also 44a eludes me. Any help appreciated.
24 of 49  -   Report This Post

xwordfan

21st November 2022, 08:41
i am sure you have the right answer ...possibly all the defn ...tea fragments villagers left over
25 of 49  -   Report This Post

eraserman

21st November 2022, 08:42
I have TRI*T for 44a. I suspect there is a three letter fluid fossil fuel to be removed before entry, but still can't see it!
26 of 49  -   Report This Post

xwordfan

21st November 2022, 09:08
possibly troilist for the original entry?
27 of 49  -   Report This Post

eraserman

21st November 2022, 09:29
Oh gosh, a new one on me! (Says he blushing!). Thanks Xwordfan, much appreciated.
Another one - 41d. I have soda for pop, but can't see the no-pejorative term for fellow, presumably sod??
28 of 49  -   Report This Post

eraserman

21st November 2022, 09:32
Got it now. Straight from the Chambers defn. Thanks again Xwordfan.
29 of 49  -   Report This Post

jack aubrey

21st November 2022, 15:01
I enjoyed this and the theme and processes emerged satisfyingly as I progressed rather than crashing down as a PDM. So thanks to Kruger.

However, I have a full grid, the theme explaining 7 additions and 3 subtractions and the additional aid. However, I am one short on the changes (am I wrong to assume this is an addition?) and I am missing two misprints (the other 11 and the theme were enough to make the aid clear). The missing misprints (T and R) apparently occur in columns 4 and 8.

I enjoyed the irony of the positive addition to 9d turning one definition of the whole answer into something widely regarded as a negative in the crisis!

30 of 49  -   Report This Post