CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

feebee

13th August 2022, 22:50
Thanks for all your hints and tips. I got about a third of the way there by myself this week which felt good.

I’ve just got 25d left. Even with all the clues already on here I can’t make a word fit in there that I can parse. Are my crossers are all good - I*T*S ?

And I can’t parse 15d.

It took me a long while to get 7 down which slowed me up. I’m quite familiar with the subject but Paul certainly took it far and wide.

COD 9d and 19a both made me smile.

I’m on day 7 of Covid and still haven’t strayed far from my bed so actually not at all disappointed to have spent so many hours on this. 😊
71 of 84  -   Report This Post

paradigmshifter

13th August 2022, 22:56
First letter of 25D is not correct. (Person's bottom). It's an obscure word.

15D I'd not heard of either but thesaurus.com sorted me out and I parsed it afterwards.
72 of 84  -   Report This Post

paradigmshifter

13th August 2022, 23:03
15D parses as 3 letter "information" (has come up a fair bit recently) surrounded by "lists, briefly", as in lists you have at the end of books (briefly = missing the last letter).
73 of 84  -   Report This Post

feebee

13th August 2022, 23:15
Thanks @paradigmshifter I can see 15 now but I don’t like it.

25 sorted - a new one on me. And 24 fixed.

Can sleep now and still got the whole Saturday magazine to read and all the number puzzles to do tomorrow. 😊
74 of 84  -   Report This Post

paradigmshifter

13th August 2022, 23:34
Well I was moaning to my work colleagues about the slack plurals that seem to be allowed these days (matrix, vertex, dices!) so it was good to see the proper usage of the plural of that word (albeit "briefly").

I wasn't familiar with the word though (but I guessed the "information" part and looked on thesaurus.com).
75 of 84  -   Report This Post

roof

13th August 2022, 23:36
Chrise
I'm surprised you don't like them. Sometimes I hate them, but I rather liked this one. Do keep trying them.
76 of 84  -   Report This Post

paradigmshifter

13th August 2022, 23:39
I don't like the ones where if you don't get the theme word (referenced everywhere seems like) you have no chance.

I seem to remember you gave up on the TOOL one Roof, that was good though and worth going back to, was very entertaining.

The "THANKS" one is here... took me 3 days on and off to figure it out lol!

https://www.theguardian.com/crosswords/cryptic/28582

77 of 84  -   Report This Post

paradigmshifter

13th August 2022, 23:43

bremskey

14th August 2022, 11:02
Hi...feeling very stupid!...only just completed this week's Paul crossword... finally got 29 across! ...not a word I'd ever heard before!....but ultimately very satisfying...I'll be sorry if you go, Brendan...your comments have proved invaluable to my sanity!
Bremskey
79 of 84  -   Report This Post

barbs

14th August 2022, 13:03
Thanks for the hint yesterday Brendan - making progress!
80 of 84  -   Report This Post