CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jazzgirl

14th June 2022, 10:28
It is with sadnes that I write that one of our longest-serving, well-loved and respected members, Mamya, passed peacefully away last evening 13th June at home surrounded by her loved ones and family.

Some of you may already have seen the messages of condolence on another forum and I add my sincere condolences here to her family.

Mamya (Lynne) was always very helpful to everyone, and had a wiseness and wonderful sense of humour. She was always the gentle voice of calm and reason on several occasions here. She will be very much missed by all who knew her

Rest in Peace, Lynne x
1 of 14  -   Report This Post

chrise

14th June 2022, 10:38
Very sad indeed. I agree with all you say, jazzgirl.

(BBM2 had given the news on the Clueless thread.)
2 of 14  -   Report This Post

norah (admin)

14th June 2022, 11:00
Jazzgirl, thank you for telling us about Mamya, it is very sad news and Lynne will be a big loss to the forum.
3 of 14  -   Report This Post

paul

14th June 2022, 13:16
RIP Lynne x
4 of 14  -   Report This Post

alwayspuzzled

14th June 2022, 13:32
RIP Lynne. You will be very much missed.
5 of 14  -   Report This Post

malone

14th June 2022, 15:14
Thanks, jazzgirl. Mamya's unstinting help - and unstinting patience and kindness - will be missed here.
6 of 14  -   Report This Post

brendan

14th June 2022, 16:41
It was Mamya who replied to my very first question on this Forum. She was always so helpful and the patience of a saint. She'll be sadly missed - RIP
7 of 14  -   Report This Post

andyc

14th June 2022, 19:29
Such sad news and what a great solver she was. Great respect and condolences.
8 of 14  -   Report This Post

ginge

15th June 2022, 09:11
Sad news indeed. Although not such a frequent contributor lately (I know she had problems with her eyesight) I fondly remember several conversations (usually in the wee small hours with a few others no longer with us) and I always appreciated her insight, humility and mischievous wit.
9 of 14  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

15th June 2022, 11:48
Ginge

Yes, Lynne had poor vision, but she was determined to continue to help others oline with anything that was troubling them and offering some kind of solution. She became a marvellous agony aunt to many people

Then, a few months ago, she became ill and it was announced only recently that she had been diagnosed with multiple-sited carcinomas and was terminally ill.

She decided she did not want further treatment so it was arranged for her to return home where she wished to be.

JG

10 of 14  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RIP MAMYA