CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

malone

6th June 2022, 15:08
Greetings, all. It's obviously too late now to start off a HINTS and GENTLE NUDGES thread. Instead, I'll just take this opportunity to remind Forum users that hints and nudges are what're usually given here. The aim is to be helpful without spoiling any solver's fun, enjoyment of the puzzle.
21 of 56  -   Report This Post

williamseal

6th June 2022, 15:24
Ginge is always very helpful when I really struggling. This thread is very helpful and I try to avoid getting to that stage if I can! Thanks

Post amended by Admin
22 of 56  -   Report This Post

pootle

6th June 2022, 15:35
To dsc @ post #11: Look up words which fit the unclued down entry and that should help with the end game.
23 of 56  -   Report This Post

jeg

6th June 2022, 16:02
Post removed
24 of 56  -   Report This Post

diver

6th June 2022, 16:19
Like others I’m struggling with the end game. I’ve solved all the clues with the exception of the half one starting with “historic viral infection”, but I can’t make any sense of the resulting jumbles - I thought I knew what I might be looking for, but can’t see it! Any gentle hints to help me on the way?
25 of 56  -   Report This Post

malone

6th June 2022, 16:24
Diver, the 'historic viral..' is an old word, one letter short of a word meaning 'held the attention of', that would apply to watching a thrilling film or reading an exciting book ( I was....).
26 of 56  -   Report This Post

deulc

6th June 2022, 17:06
It took a long time for the PDM for the endgame, but like so many PDMs it looks so obvious afterwards. Difficult to hint without giving too much away, but there is a good reason why the thematic clues produce apparently many more words than are needed by the non-clued entries in the grid...
27 of 56  -   Report This Post

diver

6th June 2022, 17:30
Thanks, Malone - All done now!
28 of 56  -   Report This Post

malone

6th June 2022, 17:33
THanks, Diver. I tried, but couldn't think of any suitable nudges re the theme. Glad you got this all done.
29 of 56  -   Report This Post

dsc

6th June 2022, 17:35
pootle, thank you but I have the unclued down and still don't see what it has to do with anything
30 of 56  -   Report This Post