CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

quisling

27th May 2022, 11:08
0pt0, assuming the three numbers you have identified are the ones you intend to write underneath the puzzle, i.e. the ends of the sequences, you sound on the right lines. But given that the preamble tells you that one sequence starts with 14d, I’m not sure how you have moved from that to one of those numbers in a sequence much shorter than seven if you have derived them correctly.
41 of 51  -   Report This Post

0pt0

27th May 2022, 13:30
Quisling, thank you for your reply. Did the reference to a "floral connection" in my previous post mean anything to you? I would like to be more specific, but that is no longer acceptable on this site.
42 of 51  -   Report This Post

quisling

27th May 2022, 13:41
Yes, 0pt0, it did. Sorry not to confirm that, but to me that confirms your sequences are ending correctly
43 of 51  -   Report This Post

quisling

27th May 2022, 13:45
If you wish to be more specific, look at the Listener 7210 thread #30 and #31 and I’ll try to help
44 of 51  -   Report This Post

quisling

27th May 2022, 13:57
Oops, I meant 4710 🙈
45 of 51  -   Report This Post

crowdedmorning

27th May 2022, 23:59
This is a truly astonishing construction. I'm a bit pleased with myself for getting as far as I've done, given how little math I encounter in my life. I have a complete grid and a complete first sequence (my mind reeled when I realised how the sequence completes).

I'm not asking for overt help, just generally curious whether or not there is a more elegant way to determine the remaining sequences than simply trying various other combinations of "parameter" and starting point. At the moment that's what it feels like to me but that seems like it could be quite a slog.
46 of 51  -   Report This Post

kitsune

28th May 2022, 09:18
It’s not really a slog as every option is in one of the sequences. Therefore you should find that trying one or two alternatives using 3 digit answers sets you off down a hopeful track.
47 of 51  -   Report This Post

norah (admin)

31st May 2022, 14:59
A duplicate post by a newcomer to the Forum, tonyA48

"Thank you very much Elap - an exquisite puzzle. No idea how you do it!"

The Listener 4712 thread had gone onto the second page but we don't want two threads on any Listener, it would be far too complicated so I've copied and pasted his message into the existing thread.
48 of 51  -   Report This Post

carolspringett

13th June 2022, 20:29
Hello I am late to the thread having been away abroad on 21 May and I cannot find a copy of the original puzzle. Is there anywhere I can find it please ? Thanks Carol
49 of 51  -   Report This Post

jordan

13th June 2022, 20:58