CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

norah (admin)

10th January 2022, 11:20
For ease of reference, I have decided to start a thread containing the Posting Guidelines. This thread will be 'bumped' on a regular basis.

POSTING GUIDELINES

1. Do not post a new thread for any Crossword or Quiz if a thread already exists on the first page of the Forum for that particular Crossword or Quiz , instead post your query in the existing thread. It may help to read the thread “Please Read – Do not Create Duplicate Threads”.

2. State the name & number (if available) of the Crossword in the thread title. We will not accept threads headed "Stuck", "Help!!!" or "Last One" etc., these will be deleted.

3. If the Crossword is from a private source where the name cannot be revealed, the heading ‘Private Crossword’ will suffice. If the Crossword is from a book, use a heading such as 'Times Crossword Collection 2019.'

4. In the actual post, give the clue number, the clue (EXACTLY as shown in the puzzle) and the number of letters in parentheses, also the Page No. if appropriate. State if the number of letters is not given in the Crossword. It also helps to know if the clue is cryptic or general knowledge

5. If the query relates to a Quiz, please give the correct title of the quiz and the closing date for entries, if applicable. In fairness to other entrants, only ask for help on a max of 3 questions per Quiz.

Amended 17 January 2022

6. Ensure the clue is given EXACTLY as written, particularly in Quizzes & Cryptic Crosswords

7. Remember to thank other Forum members when they have posted answers to your query, "thanks in advance" is not sufficient.

Amended 23 January 2022

8. Do not comment on the rights or wrongs of giving answers to paid for Quizzes and Crosswords, such posts will be deleted as they cause heated arguments with neither side willing to see the other’s point of view.

1 of 19  -   Report This Post

malone

12th January 2022, 07:39
Thanks, Norah. Useful to know what we should be doing, and especially useful (I hope!) for new members.
2 of 19  -   Report This Post

norah (admin)

23rd January 2022, 09:24
Bump, please see Update, 23 January
3 of 19  -   Report This Post

norah (admin)

24th January 2022, 08:24
bump
4 of 19  -   Report This Post

norah (admin)

25th January 2022, 14:31
Bump
5 of 19  -   Report This Post

chrise

25th January 2022, 14:45
Hi Norah
Missing from the guidelines is "placed letters". Something like:

Show any confirmed letters placed, using question marks for unknown letters. For example, L?T?E?S
6 of 19  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

25th January 2022, 15:51
Chris, that is a good point. I think it was included in the original guidelines.
7 of 19  -   Report This Post

norah (admin)

25th January 2022, 16:38
Chrise, good point, I’ll look tomorrow PM, I’m at the hairdresser AM

Jazzgirl, I’ve deleted your suggestion, I will email you.
8 of 19  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

25th January 2022, 17:02
Ok Norah. Understood
9 of 19  -   Report This Post

missrossers

25th January 2022, 20:03
In that case I don’t think I’ll bother to use this forum again if we have to abide by rules, I thought it was supposed to be fun and lighthearted. Bye bye
10 of 19  -   Report This Post