CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

malone

25th January 2022, 20:08
Fun and lighthearted... yes. Helpful and mannerly... yes. The rules are more the equivalent of politeness - a bit like taking your shoes off in someone else's house! I don't feel they're taxing, severe, whatever - the people who're in charge of the Forum need to have a few guidelines, surely?
11 of 19  -   Report This Post

norah (admin)

25th January 2022, 20:15
Missrosser, this Forum is full of friendly people willing to help each other but it needs guidelines and rules or else it descends into chaos.

It’s not difficult to follow a few rules, the benefits to your crossword solving skills will be enormous. And the Members also have fun together.
12 of 19  -   Report This Post

missrossers

27th January 2022, 13:10
Sorry, I just don’t like being told off, and to be fair, I had scanned through three pages to try to find the original thread but I couldn’t find one. I am quite old and I don’t always understand how it all works.
13 of 19  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

27th January 2022, 13:21
Missrossers. I bet you're not as old as me, (haha) and dealing with all this technology is getting harder by the day isn't it . . I am sorry you feel you were being "told off" . I think the others were just pointing out there are guidelines. It's not a crime, in the grand scheme of things and no one died so stick with us and we will try to be more understanding
in future
JG
14 of 19  -   Report This Post

kenhiggs

27th January 2022, 13:49
There was similar petulance involving The Listener a month or so ago. Rules is Rules and help things run smoothly.
15 of 19  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

27th January 2022, 13:56
kenhiggs The Listener incident was regarding one solver who was a troublemaker. This latest person is a newcomer so have a bit more patience
16 of 19  -   Report This Post

norah (admin)

27th January 2022, 14:07
Missrossers, I had to smile at “I am quite old” but I won’t accept that as being a valid excuse, if I did then I would have to kick myself off the Forum as I too am “very old”, honestly I am. I look after the Forum in my retirement for my son Ash.

Let’s start again from scratch,
1. Look at the Crossword number in your paper, say Times 1234
2. Look down the first page of the Forum to see if you can see see Times 1234
3. If you can, then open that thread and post your query there.
4. If there isn’t a Times 1234 thread, then create a new thread headed Times 1234, that’s all that’s needed in the heading.
5. Ask your question in the thread.

I hope this helps, nobody was telling you off, they were just trying to help you navigate your way around the Forum and explain how it works.

Stick with us, most people are very willing to help you. The more you join in, the easier it will become.
17 of 19  -   Report This Post

norah (admin)

27th January 2022, 14:08
Ken, I do not like the comment “petulance” directed at a newcomer, please desist in future.
18 of 19  -   Report This Post

norah (admin)

28th January 2022, 06:40
Bump
19 of 19  -   Report This Post