CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

rossim

6th November 2021, 22:29
My point exactly!
71 of 85  -   Report This Post

paradigmshifter

6th November 2021, 22:34
Other than that I think it was an excellent crossword and when you work out the theme it gets better. With these last few weeks they have really been spoiling us (all we need now is a Ferrero Rocher pyramid and an ambassador).
72 of 85  -   Report This Post

roof

7th November 2021, 00:01
Thanks Rossim and others

I've given up. I'm just not on his wave-length. I've also been given Codeine for the pain in my shoulder (Tendonitis). I don't think that helps as it makes me sleepy.

I'll be back next week.
73 of 85  -   Report This Post

paradigmshifter

7th November 2021, 00:11
Aww that's a shame, it's a good one, maybe have a look tomorrow when less sleepy.

... in this one means "the number in the clue forms part of the clue."

I worked it out from 16 (where is the definition?). Then it "came on like a dream, peaches and cream" as it were.
74 of 85  -   Report This Post

tonystock

7th November 2021, 09:47
Ive got the answers for 13a and 23 d but cant parse ?? Any hints……also are we using a 3 letter word for Kardashians derrière or am I missing something ?
I think I enjoyed this puzzle but not sure …I felt the use of some initials, although acceptable, were a little unfair in some clues.
75 of 85  -   Report This Post

brendan

7th November 2021, 09:51
Hi Tony,

13a - 7 letter "babyish outfit" with the Y (unknown) replaced by D(ay)

23d - Is Leander from the Greek legend (lover who swam) minus A(rea)
76 of 85  -   Report This Post

brendan

7th November 2021, 09:52
PS Yes to the 3 letter Kardashian's derriere:-)
77 of 85  -   Report This Post

tonystock

7th November 2021, 10:37
Thanks Brendan that’s great and your knowledge is amazing ….I would never have parsed these, Sometimes learning something new gets you reading and researching , although I wont be doing that for Kardashians derrière :-)
78 of 85  -   Report This Post

brendan

7th November 2021, 10:43
You're too kind Tony but thanks, I appreciate it:-)
79 of 85  -   Report This Post

paradigmshifter

7th November 2021, 13:29
I also thought "Kardashian's" was kind of irrelevant to the clue... any American would do really. I was looking for an N in the answer (Kardashian's rear) for way too long
80 of 85  -   Report This Post