CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

planks

17th October 2021, 17:51
This is my second Inquisitor having discovered that I can add the i to my Saturday online shopping. I'm loving it so far. The theme of this one made me laugh out loud (when I finally found it!). Challenging and great fun, thank you Nimrod. Now where are my crayons......
51 of 87  -   Report This Post

loge

17th October 2021, 18:01
Much as I’d like to, I have not attempted the drawing. My draughtsmanship makes the purveyor of unmade beds look like Rembrandt ☹️
52 of 87  -   Report This Post

muraria

17th October 2021, 18:35
I showed my daughter my risible attempt with the crayons and she thought it was Peppa Pig.....oh well, back to the drawing board!
53 of 87  -   Report This Post

timternet

17th October 2021, 19:45
Newbie here. I'm new to Inquisitor too, and, having triumphed last week, have crashed this week. All this talk of crayons etc. isn't helping (and compasses!?). Any chance of a hint of the general theme, even a cryptic one? I've got quite a few answers (I think) but am none the wiser as to how to proceed... It's been bugging me for 36h and counting...
54 of 87  -   Report This Post

muraria

17th October 2021, 20:03
timternet,
Do you have the first two rows sorted? If so, 12 letters (7 from 1st, 5 from 2nd) from them spell out the location of the scene where the main character fills the hole.
55 of 87  -   Report This Post

platypus

17th October 2021, 20:41
Thanks Granama1. Thanks to your help I've now got 13a.
56 of 87  -   Report This Post

pentlandsound

17th October 2021, 21:07
Well, I've been doing the Inquisitor for about two years now, and I think this is the most difficult one I've tackled. Just finished it after spending all day on it (and quite a bit of yesterday), with constant reference to Chambers and Internet. Many thanks to all who have posted on this thread - without the hints given here I would never have got anywhere.

I managed to back-fill 8ac from the surrounding entries and the 27-letter description, but am totally stumped for a parse. Can anyone please help? Ta.

And yes, the unadorned outline does look a bit like Peppa Pig...!
57 of 87  -   Report This Post

pentlandsound

17th October 2021, 21:12
Oh, hang on - just got it. Duh!
58 of 87  -   Report This Post

muraria

17th October 2021, 21:14
ps,

8a def is 'cereal grass', while the wordplay defines 'ear' i.e where cereal seeds are to be found, 'raked over', with 'ge' undefined
59 of 87  -   Report This Post

timternet

18th October 2021, 00:39
Still stumped - at 0035 on Monday I think it's time to concede defeat. I guess my brain can't handle clues without all the letters in the wordplay. I don't even understand my answer to 13ac as I don't seem to have the h from daughter in my answer. Bed.
60 of 87  -   Report This Post