CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

spoffy

14th October 2021, 14:16
geeker - as far as I'm concerned it's very much much 'each to their own'. One member of my family favoured quick (non-cryptic) crosswords, another used to do only the General Knowledge puzzle in the Sunday Express, while my mother loved tough cryptics. I don't consider any of them cretins, and they all got enjoyment from the puzzles they tackled. Personally, I find the Guardian back pager abhorrent, but I know there are plenty of solvers who would say that it is their favourite crossword.

The important thing is surely that there should be a range of crosswords available such that people have the opportunity to try a variety of different puzzles to find out which they like best.

You're quite right about Chambers, but I would add that there is no need to acquire the printed version as it is available now for pretty much any smartphone, tablet or PC.
11 of 15  -   Report This Post

norah (admin)

14th October 2021, 14:24
Spoffy and everyone else.

Further to our discussion in the Guidelines thread, these sort of ‘random’ threads are probably better posted, as this one is, on a weekday when the Forum is quieter. Saturdays and Sundays are very busy with the usual crosswords.

I think the mid-weekers will appreciate a variety of properly headed crossword related topics to keep them occupied.
12 of 15  -   Report This Post

mattrom

15th October 2021, 07:20
Spam post @ 07:15 reported
13 of 15  -   Report This Post

norah (admin)

15th October 2021, 08:17
Mottram, thanks. Please keep reporting, mid-thread spam is a nightmare as I don’t see it when I scan down the list of headings on the first page.

I usually do that first thing, ‘full strength’ coffee and Weetabix in hand, ha,ha.
14 of 15  -   Report This Post

kt17

15th October 2021, 09:45
To give an alternative view to Geeker's, one delight I find in completing Azed is that he leads me to places in Chambers that otherwise I would not visit.

And secondly, by the way, they are almost always do-able for a bear of little brain.

M
15 of 15  -   Report This Post