CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

the18racer

25th May 2021, 09:44
Good point- I've got "Percival" as my answer.

Re: printing. I take a screenshot of the grid, the across, and the down clues and crop each one using photo editing software, save as a PDF and print out on three sheets of A4. It sounds time-consuming but it isn't, taking about two minutes.

I really can't see why they can't just present the online version as per the magazine format, though.
11 of 15  -   Report This Post

syzygy

28th May 2021, 00:30
They are old-fashioned folk.
The hand-written prize cheques can't be cashed in NZ or Canada.
Even the Guardian could do e-transfers years ago.
12 of 15  -   Report This Post

todorovia

10th June 2021, 11:01
The Spectator have published the answer to 43 across as Perc E val. I guess we will never know whether entries with Perc I val were accepted or rejected, unless somebody knows for sure?

13 of 15  -   Report This Post

will37

10th June 2021, 12:06
Look on the bright side, Todorovia. At least under current arrangements you didn't waste the cost of postage submitting an entry which might have been judged incorrect.
14 of 15  -   Report This Post

todorovia

10th June 2021, 12:28
Quite agree, Will, but it would be nice to know if alternative, but still correct, answers are accepted or rejected, wouldn't it?

Once had a debate with the then Puzzles Editor of the Daily Telegraph who insisted that there were no alternative answers within any Telegraph cryptic crossword under his editorship. I found one; he was adamant at first that it was not acceptable, then had to concede that my answer was perfectly acceptable, stating that I was the very first to ever find one. Somehow, considering I am not at MENSA degree of intelligence, I highly doubt that.
15 of 15  -   Report This Post