CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

teenieleek

8th May 2021, 16:59
What an enjoyable puzzle! All ends neatly tied although I struggled to remember the name to be highlighted.
1 of 33  -   Report This Post

sloth

8th May 2021, 19:39
Quite agree. Very satisfying to complete an Inquisitor without resorting to tips from the Forum! Nice one Kruger.
2 of 33  -   Report This Post

brendan

8th May 2021, 19:48
Can I get a parse for a few clues ...

Not having advanced ...... (7)

I'm sure of my answer which is "iron" minus the O (nothing overlooked) + a U(niform) but that lwaves SEN unaccounted for from "retired colonel" and "samples" - I also don't see where the extra L comes from?

Jock's maidservant ...... (6)

My answer means "property" but I can't see the wordplay and where the extra T? comes from

Wild llama .... (7)

I have the answer but can't see the wordplay. At times I think it's an anagram of "ouch" plus initial letters, but that doesn't account for "out of control" and where does the extra U come from?
3 of 33  -   Report This Post

teenieleek

8th May 2021, 19:59
huanaco, anagram ouch + starters and u extra.
4 of 33  -   Report This Post

teenieleek

8th May 2021, 20:01
Lasses +t (fifth letter of estate) so l is extra.
The colonel one is unrisen but I can’t parse it either.
5 of 33  -   Report This Post

malone

8th May 2021, 20:02
Brendan, the T ('extra T'?) comes form the 'fifth of estate's..'
6 of 33  -   Report This Post

nelson

8th May 2021, 20:05
Brendan, it sounds like you have the right answer to 'Jock's etc'.

The word you have, minus the T, is a scottish word for maidservants - minus its first letter. The T,which is the fifth letter of 'estates', needs to be inserted into this.
7 of 33  -   Report This Post

brendan

8th May 2021, 20:07
Many thanks Teenieleek - I had the wrong "tongue part" so had R as the extra letter instead of E which completely threw me.
8 of 33  -   Report This Post

nelson

8th May 2021, 20:08
UNRISEN is a reversed hidden word - ignoring O and an extra letter.
9 of 33  -   Report This Post

brendan

8th May 2021, 20:09
Thanks Nelson, thanks Malone,

I had the tongue clue ending in ......LAE which really messed up my extra letter words.
10 of 33  -   Report This Post