CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

brendan

8th May 2021, 20:11
Oh my! I don't mind not being able to parse a clue, well I do, but I can live with it - but when the answer is hidden in the clue .. Arrggghhhh!!!

Thanks again everyone:-)
11 of 33  -   Report This Post

teenieleek

8th May 2021, 20:22
So it is! Missed that.
12 of 33  -   Report This Post

teenieleek

8th May 2021, 20:28
I can’t always parse everything. I’m a bit cavalier, put things in and try to work them out later.
13 of 33  -   Report This Post

granama1

8th May 2021, 20:41
Took a while to start filling the grid as the two 9 letter answers were among the last solved so had to start with a punt on the 8 letter downs. Happily, two of the unseens rather stuck out so everything dropped into place after that. (Can't parse the Dog's tail clue though - even knowing the extra letter).
Impressive construction from Kruger.
14 of 33  -   Report This Post

ginge

8th May 2021, 20:45
Hi granana1, nb in stern + ard

15 of 33  -   Report This Post

brendan

8th May 2021, 20:48
Hi Granama,

Dog's .....

I think it's 5 letter "tail" as in 'back of' around NB "take note" minus N extra letter then last 3 letters are a type of primitive "plough".
16 of 33  -   Report This Post

granama1

8th May 2021, 21:04
Ah, cheers Ginge and Brendan. There are a couple of clues with apostrophes ie 'Armchair's' and 'Dog's' where the 's only seems to be added for the surface and in doing so, they rather muddy the definition.
Still, mustn't grumble (:o)
17 of 33  -   Report This Post

brendan

9th May 2021, 03:27
No matter how many times I come across a puzzle with an extra letters instruction relating to the clues, I always, always, misinterpret it and try to apply it to the answers instead 😡

Got it now though - thanks to Kruger for a great puzzle, really enjoyable.
18 of 33  -   Report This Post

jogamel

9th May 2021, 11:23
I just happened to look at posts this morning, and wanted to add that I so enjoyed this. I suppose I enjoy more when I succeed without help, but I will often be back here needing help, so I’m glad you are all there!
19 of 33  -   Report This Post

nelson

9th May 2021, 12:00
And thank you, jogamel, for the help you often provide.
(And for often asking questions that unlock the answers I'm looking for,)
20 of 33  -   Report This Post