CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jack aubrey

4th May 2021, 15:07
Prospero @ 25, the small bit still technically exists but as the bigger bit comes in units of up to 100k the small bits are of no practical use. I learned some great dishes there, including one that is seriously counterintuitive but utterly delicious. No more details for fear of spoilers.
31 of 49  -   Report This Post

orgon

5th May 2021, 18:01
This all went in fairly easily (while looking up many unknown currencies), and I have a completed grid and clear parsings for all entries, but I can still only account for 13 amended solutions. (4d is not an issue -- I had it correctly as thematic.) Does everyone else have 14?
32 of 49  -   Report This Post

peterm

5th May 2021, 19:45
I've got 14.
33 of 49  -   Report This Post

sircrispin

5th May 2021, 20:29
Hi Peterm, the one that threw me was the enzyme. My eyes aren't too hot and I thought it read "...skink ...'
34 of 49  -   Report This Post

sircrispin

5th May 2021, 20:33
sorry, meant to reply to orgon!
35 of 49  -   Report This Post

henkeeper

5th May 2021, 20:43
My last one: 16dn. I have L-I-T- and I’m trying with anagrams of Like plus PT for pint..am I on the right track please? I think it has to be one of the fourteen themed clues, as I’ve got too many “ordinary” ones as it is! Thanks.
36 of 49  -   Report This Post

peterm

5th May 2021, 20:52
Your letters are right, henkeeper. The wordplay requires the abbreviation for pint to stay together. I(f it helps at all, by my reckoning there are 6 thematic across clues and 8 thematic downs.
37 of 49  -   Report This Post

orgon

5th May 2021, 23:53
Thanks, peterm. I'm stumped, then. I've counted and recounted and gone over every clue, and I only come up with 13 that require the amendment. Is there one that requires an amendment that does not affect the crossers? (I don't want simply to list all the clues I've ticked off as thematic, but I've got 6 acrosses and 7 downs.)
38 of 49  -   Report This Post

orgon

6th May 2021, 00:12
Sorry -- I see it now. I didn't check to see if one of my solutions was a real word, as it seemed plausible from its ending. 14 all accounted for.
39 of 49  -   Report This Post

gweilo

7th May 2021, 09:12
Almost all done and parsed, apart from 12a.

If my count is correct, it should be non-themed, and I can see how to fit a chemical element in the crossers. I can even think of a five-letter word for idiomatic language which only differs by one letter from the element. I can't quite see how to put it all together though.

Any hints?
40 of 49  -   Report This Post