CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

candledave

5th March 2021, 17:37
One more than me Loge! But I do have eight of the downs so far not that I can put any of them in!

The across clues are tough.

Taking a break and having some well earned wine as home-schooling has officially ended today. Will come back to this head scratcher another time.
11 of 34  -   Report This Post

simond9x

5th March 2021, 17:39
Thanks, tatters.

Can I check please? I'm assuming that "randomly interwoven" means that both parts maintain their original order, the randomness being how they are interwoven?
12 of 34  -   Report This Post

candledave

5th March 2021, 17:41
That’s how I’ve interpreted it. Totally randomly would be a level of difficulty too far surely.
13 of 34  -   Report This Post

planks

5th March 2021, 17:43
Not just me then, this looks like a stinker! I haven't sorted any of the across clues yet.
14 of 34  -   Report This Post

loge

5th March 2021, 17:54
Same as you Candledave, I’m going to leave this until tomorrow. Some roast beef, Amarone della Valpolicella and listening to Puccini is a far more enticing prospect.

It’s going to be hard giving help with the across clues, if indeed I am ever in a position to offer any!
15 of 34  -   Report This Post

ixion

5th March 2021, 18:01
Thanks tatters ; )
16 of 34  -   Report This Post

moffat

5th March 2021, 18:01
Ta Ma Ta
17 of 34  -   Report This Post

brendan

5th March 2021, 18:39
Like others, I've a got a few down clues (although no idea how to enter them yet) but the across ones are proving very difficult to untangle - let alone solve.

Still, it's no bad thing to have a really tough one now and again - keeps us on our toes:-)

18 of 34  -   Report This Post

quisling

5th March 2021, 20:42
Excellent old-fashioned Listener. A good workout, even if I wouldn’t want this entry method every week, and an unambiguous finish
19 of 34  -   Report This Post

s_pugh

5th March 2021, 22:45
Managed to crawl over the line feeling battered and bruised but still on the right side of midnight. I found the right hand side far more difficult than the left despite having sussed out who the competitors were and their outcome relatively early on. Thankfully it took my mind off other things hereabouts for which I am grateful to Paddock.

Probably the toughest one of 2021 so far.
20 of 34  -   Report This Post