CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

abicoop

3rd March 2021, 11:41
So it does, under motte. Thanks!
41 of 48  -   Report This Post

abicoop

3rd March 2021, 16:18
Down to my last 8 clues. Really want to be able to finish this one now!
Could I maybe have a hint for 28d.
Is 51a something like bedyde - an anagram of dependably without plan? but what is the definition if it's that?
42 of 48  -   Report This Post

tatters

3rd March 2021, 20:56
Poetic (Spenser as usual) word for dyed/stained/imbued
43 of 48  -   Report This Post

tatters

3rd March 2021, 20:59
..and the karate practice is KATA. Not too many 7 letter words starting with KATA
44 of 48  -   Report This Post

abicoop

3rd March 2021, 21:54
Thank you! Just 3 clues to go, 4 empty squares. Although for some I haven't figured out the erroneous letter. I'll have a re-read of the thread to check I haven't missed any hints that might help before I come back and ask for more!
45 of 48  -   Report This Post

jif73

5th March 2021, 14:36
There was a lot of discussion about ThePost's query (post 35) about how "GNU is a horned horse", all of which centred on Chamber's definition of 'gnu'. Surely it would have been more satisfactory to look up 'horned horse' where the defintion/synonym is... 'gnu'!
46 of 48  -   Report This Post

jif73

5th March 2021, 15:14
In response to your post (34), gitto, I was not proposing to draw an outline of the blanked-out cells but rather of the symbol within the blanked out cells.
The preamble says '...drawing a large symbol within the 78 resulting blank cells'. This is ambiguous: is 78 merely making it clear to the solver how many cells are to be left blank OR is it also indicating that the symbol is to be drawn in (at least part of ) ALL 78 blank cells?
47 of 48  -   Report This Post

mooncow

6th March 2021, 01:55
I shaded in the blank cells, making a large symbol within those cells that does indeed relate to the poem. I would imagine/hope that anything drawn that recognises the shape produced would be accepted as a correct solution.
48 of 48  -   Report This Post