CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

chrise

23rd January 2021, 20:15
Hi roof
I took ages to spot April too, but it's in the cue for 14a.
16d is a Test Ground followed by a word for "with it"; definition a bit loose.
18d put an L in a word for "Violently attacked"
24d you'll be missing a month by then
51 of 64  -   Report This Post

chrisxxxx

23rd January 2021, 20:26
Am I alone in thinking that the current lockdown could have given compilers more time to create the current flurry or supurb crosswords .Stay safe all .
52 of 64  -   Report This Post

brendan

23rd January 2021, 20:27
16d - As Chris says Roof, the definition is a bit loose.

18d - 7 letter word for "violently attacked" as in "s...... by a wild animal " that goes around a single letter for "pound" - definition is "being rescued"

22a - Usual 2 letters for "Saint" inside 4 letters "one page for annual publication" (publication is where you'd see all the months of the year)

24d - First 4 letters of only month that begins with S.

Did the cast come off Ok?
53 of 64  -   Report This Post

roof

23rd January 2021, 20:58
Hi Chris and Brendan

I'd finished all apart from 24d, but that's done now. Many thanks for your help.

Yes Brendan the cast is off now and I can type with two hands, but it is still very painful, especially the scar. I'm told it will take another six weeks to recover fully. I'm hoping to drive soon. I have hand exercises to do and a splint to use at night and if I try and do something too active. I'm hoping all will be well in time for my gardening.
54 of 64  -   Report This Post

brendan

23rd January 2021, 20:59
Hi Chrisxxxx,

You could be right, they certainly have more time to create them:-)
55 of 64  -   Report This Post

brendan

23rd January 2021, 21:00
That's good news Roof 👍😉
56 of 64  -   Report This Post

rossim

23rd January 2021, 21:07
Griffin.
You're doing a great job. Thank you.
57 of 64  -   Report This Post

brendan

23rd January 2021, 21:21
Definitely Rossim 👍
58 of 64  -   Report This Post

abicoop

24th January 2021, 00:12
Finally gotten around to finishing this.
I guess it depends on the setters' family situations as to whether they have more time. I don't know how many of them have small children but I have significantly less time and the to-do list just keeps growing!
Really enjoyed the crossword today and the clever use of the theme. Can't remember which went in first, but last was 1d, never heard of the "fall" definition. A number of others were new words/people but solvable from the wordplay and a bit of googling. Favourite is 24a, a beautiful clue.
Thanks Brendan x2
59 of 64  -   Report This Post

chrise

24th January 2021, 08:19
abicoop
1d is "fall" in the sense of "waterfall".
60 of 64  -   Report This Post